Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Propeller coming off?

jmaisano

Reaction score
Has anyone had a propeller come off or fail in flight? I was hovering at 400 feet herd something strange and my XSP came down bouncing through a tall tree all the way to the ground I was not watching it so I can't say for sure if it spun off or what.. But when I got to it on the ground it only had 3 props? And yes I have them on properly I am very meticulous about screwing them on and making sure they are good and snug

The only thing that could spin your prop off is if some how it did a hard braking on that motor and the prop was lose. The prop will just spin off. I have seen this happen once on my Yuneec Q500 drone. They were pretty bad for that till Yuneec did a firmware update so the braking was not so extreme.
I wonder as it was tumbling down the tree the branches managed to spin it off somehow.

If it's possible like I said I didn't actually see it come off and I can't find it anywhere in the vicinity of the crash and luckily it's still flies after a 400 foot drop The only thing that broke was the gimbal top plate

Well if you did not see it happen I guess it will remain a mystery. If that prop flew off in mid air it could travel a fair distance. I never use the prop wrench but i do have a strong grip so my props are on pretty tight. You don't want to over tighten them as one member just a little while ago had to send his in because the prop would not come off.
Glad it still flys.
Wonder if Autel can figure anything out from the telemetry flight log files.

I always use my prop wrench each and every time. I'm used to flying my race drone and tend to be agessive with my sticks. And yes I've spun off props before. I say wrench every time. Its easy.. Glad your bird is fine..

Reactions: Kcender
Well... I wouldn't go as far as saying its fine but being it fell from 400ft and still functions says a lot! The only thing I really need to replace is the top gimbal plate anyone know where I can get one?

Well... I wouldn't go as far as saying its fine but being it fell from 400ft and still functions says a lot! The only thing I really need to replace is the top gimbal plate anyone know where I can get one?

Have you tried the Autel store at the bottom of the starlink app? I believe they have lots of replacement parts. Also the Autel customer service has been awesome for me. Sometimes it takes them a few but they follow up quite responsively.

UPDATE!
Sent my XSP to Autel for further evaluation and they are replacing my drone!!
It arrived on Tuesday of this week and today they sent me an email saying that they are going to replace my drone!!
THIS IS THE REASON I PURCHASED THE AUTEL XSP! There is no substitute for GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE! Thank you Autel for standing behind your product!
Autel Customer Service ROCKS!

Thats awesome, Autel customer service has always been great with me too. I was trying to update my firmware to 2.0 and there websight wasnt set up like in the tutorial cause its still Beta. I called and left a message ticket. No sooner did I hang up the phone when the .Bin file showed up as an attachment in my e-mail account.. They Totally ROCK. Glad to hear they took care of you so well. Good deal......

Just so you know . I've had a few issues with 2.0. you might wanna wait till they release the real version and not beta test. If you would like to Know my issues I'd be glad to answer.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d