Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Problem with Firmware Upload & Quickly Depleting Controller Battery

How long should it be on this screen?

I had to leave the drone so I shut everything off and started the process all over again. On the first attempt it gave me a list of what had been updated similar to my posts from above with the pictures of my RC.

I rebooted the RC and aircraft as it instructed and it’s been stuck at 99% for 50 minutes now.

I don’t know what to do.
In around 25 minutes is finished the update.
Try with another card, format it in drone...if drone is not working properly, format it in computer as FAT32 with cluster allocation: Default.
Make sure you use a fast MicroSD Card, Sandisk Extreme or Extreme Pro, Kingston Canvas React Plus....I had issues with Sandisk Ultra.
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE PROPER FIRMWARE ! Download it again from Autel site, double check if is the version for your drone.

Also DO NOT DISCONNECT your phone from Remote as is updating, will kill the transfer, even if is not using the phone !!!

Reactions: SixStarsDrone
After multiple attempts I ended up pulling up the firmware version table on the Autel site and compared it to the firmware installed on the RC and aircraft and they all matched.

So, it appears that the first time that the RC told me that the firmware was successfully updated, which only took about 5 minutes, that it actually was. The only reason that I continued was because I thought I had to repeat process with all of my batteries.

I’m not sure why each new attempt kept telling me to reboot the RC and aircraft and then it kept getting stuck at 99% if all of the firmware updates were installed.

The pictures of the RC that I included above confused me even more with green circles, some checked and some not, and the red x’s.

There’s got to be a much simpler user interface. Maybe even one without typos.

I flew the aircraft and everything seemed to work properly including the new preset gimbal adjustments.

I’m now realizing why other EVO II Pro owners are so frustrated. This aircraft has the potential to be amazing but it has several flaws that should never make it to the consumer.

I’m not a big tech person but it seems like the EVO II Pro is still being beta tested, but by all of its owners.

After multiple attempts I ended up pulling up the firmware version table on the Autel site and compared it to the firmware installed on the RC and aircraft and they all matched.

So, it appears that the first time that the RC told me that the firmware was successfully updated, which only took about 5 minutes, that it actually was. The only reason that I continued was because I thought I had to repeat process with all of my batteries.

I’m not sure why each new attempt kept telling me to reboot the RC and aircraft and then it kept getting stuck at 99% if all of the firmware updates were installed.

The pictures of the RC that I included above confused me even more with green circles, some checked and some not, and the red x’s.

There’s got to be a much simpler user interface. Maybe even one without typos.

I flew the aircraft and everything seemed to work properly including the new preset gimbal adjustments.

I’m now realizing why other EVO II Pro owners are so frustrated. This aircraft has the potential to be amazing but it has several flaws that should never make it to the consumer.

I’m not a big tech person but it seems like the EVO II Pro is still being beta tested, but by all of its owners.
Good news, indeed.
Make sure your batteries are all updated.

I followed your instructions and the firmware updated successfully in about 10 minutes. The RC told me to reboot the RC and aircraft.

I added the firmware to the SD card again and changed to my second of three batteries. I got a list after the update and more than half of the firmware was not installed.

It told me to reboot the RC and aircraft to try again. It’s been at 99% for about 30 minutes now. The only thing I did different is that for the first battery I had my phone connected and for the second battery I don’t have it connected.

What do I do now? Continue to wait?
I ran into this issue with the installation of 2.3.8. I spoke with support also.

I was instructed that if the controller hangs at 99% for more than 10 minutes, the controller won't reach 100%. Support acknowledged a bug in the firmware release. Support recommended I ignore the controller screen, indicating which components' update succeeded and instead, compare the component firmware versions, reported in the app, against those published on Autel's website.

As far as the procedure for sd card updates on CW, simply place the unzipped .zip folder on the root location of the SD card, power on the controller, and power on the Evo. Upon installation, the .zip folder will be removed from the SD card.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d