Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Precision mode

MKarli

Reaction score
Am I correct in assuming that the Precision mode in an EVO acts similar to how the tripod mode and a DJI Acts.? That is it just slows the response down in the Drone to make your video not so jerky and smoother... Was going to try it out today but it's just pouring rain here..
Thank you in advance for your considerations

Reactions: mixchief
Actually probably the best way to fly the EVO indoors. I've only hovered in my living room

Is there a way to switch modes manually? Or does Starpoint just turn on when the drone detects when its indoors? When I turn on the EVo inside I sometimes get Starpoint and sometimes ATTI, rarely GPS.

I do not know what Starpoint is, is that when you turn the GPS off?
Starpoint starts as the first option when you start your drone. It uses the sonar and vps underneath the drone for position guideance.

Is there a way to switch modes manually? Or does Starpoint just turn on when the drone detects when its indoors? When I turn on the EVo inside I sometimes get Starpoint and sometimes ATTI, rarely GPS.

The difference between Starpoint and ATTI is that in Starpoint, the drone uses it's sensors for positioning itself and avoid crashing. On ATTI mode, it doesn't use any of it's sensors and relies only on the pilot for direction. You will encounter ATTI most likely when losing GPS at 100' or higher or in a place where the drone cannot determine it's location on the floor.

Reactions: Madhungarian
I think precision mode on the EVO II differs from tripod mode on a DJI in the braking. In precision mode, braking isn't delayed. Precision mode has been fantastic for working in and out of tight spots.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller