Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Precision landing?

jcmarceau

Reaction score
Anybody seem not to have Precision landing with evo because its my case. I talk to autel and they told me that to have a good Precision landing all option need to be on in explorer app for Precision landing. After they told me to start rc and drone and not to start the motors until at least 10 gps lock(15 is better). After you start the motor and lift off then you go up above 65 feets or 20 meters then hoover on place and the sensor under the drone will than take image of your landing pad to make it good for Precision landing. The gentlemen at autel told me he always had good Precision landing this way! I know that for me it always land aside of the pad but I never did it the proper way so will see. Anyone have the same issue?:(

Last edited:
I have not had this issue. Quite the opposite actually. Mine seems to always land within inches of where it left from. It would seem that it makes more sense to auto take off to the 3 meters and then let it hover above the pad for those 10 seconds, which is what I do. Not sure at 65 feet it's going to be as accurate when trying to save that info/image.

A Question? Are you using one of the "H" Landing pads on the ground? Fold open landing pads...

If not then you need to give the camera system something to lock on. If it's just ground than it does not have something really solid to lock on to. I've used the pads and have no problems with downward looking drones that use a photo to land.

This sounds like someone should test. I'd be curious of the results.

Take off on an H landing pad, hover for 10 seconds, fly away to an exact location then RTH.

Next do the same thing but this time, remove the landing pad before RTH.

I'm curious.

Tight lines.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d