Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

pre/post farm photo

brian bwin

Reaction score
Website
okvideode.com
Wanted to share pre/post images of a farm I shot last Saturday as I have enjoyed when others have done so in the past. Thanks for checking them out, not as exciting as cliff top buildings, sunsets, etc, I know!

Camera Settings:
  • JPG+RAW
  • 4:3 4,000x3,000
  • WB: sunny
  • Style -1, -1, 0
  • ISO/shutter auto, EV -.7
Pre:
SweetFieldsFarm_PRE.jpg

Processing in Photoshop CS 5.5:

• Adjusted RAW image wb/color/saturation/detail/etc
  • Lens correction, custom profile (Version 1 CS5.5 download link), to straighten horizon
  • Removed with spot healing brush the camera operator, visual observer, safety cones, and plywood "launching/landing board"
  • Removed cars with spot healing brush and feathered marquee selections
  • Added dark blue gradient to sky
  • Cropped to 16:9 4,000x2,250

Last edited:
That's nice work. The original looks like a photograph. The final is more like looking out a window at the actual scene. And the sky came out great.

Very nice photo mate.
Excellent Photoshop work too, u did a great job with the colour correction and removal of unwanted imagery in the final shot, all in all a wicked job ;)
Keep them coming.

Reactions: brian bwin
I agree with all the others, very good processing job. The sky looks quite natural and that can be tough to do by dropping in the color.

After 2 hours on the site, it's now time for a glass of wine.

Cheers!

Do you use a custom lens profile for correcting barrel distortion, chromatic aberration, etc. or did you find one online somewhere? I called Autel tech support a few days ago and they say they don't have one.

Thanks for the comment, David :) hope you enjoyed that wine.

Do you use a custom lens profile for correcting barrel distortion, chromatic aberration, etc.

I don't have much experience with this (the video cameras at work have very little distortion) but played around in Photoshop until it looked OK. It's not perfect but I'll share a link below (won't allow me to attach) if you want to play around with it :) Let me know if it works out

Version 1 - Photoshop CS5.5 Autel Lens Correction

Last edited:
I use CS6 and apparently it's looking for a .lcp file. .lcs isn't working for me, unfortunately, but thanks for the assist.

Ah man, we have another system with CC that I need to just switch over as I'm still on CS5.5. Here is a screen capture of what I used for that photo, as a starting point.

Attachments

• LCSettings.jpg
    LCSettings.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 11
Thanks, I'll give those settings a try. I assumed you clicked the "Correct Chromatic Aberration" box in the "auto correction" tab, or is that an option for you?

Thanks, I'll give those settings a try. I assumed you clicked the "Correct Chromatic Aberration" box in the "auto correction" tab, or is that an option for you?

It is an option but doesn't appear to do anything/make any correction (as far as I can see with my naked eye) on the few different X-Star photos I've tried.

The difference between the two pictures is amazing. Job well done! How much time did it take you to do this on this particular picture?

The difference between the two pictures is amazing. Job well done! How much time did it take you to do this on this particular picture?
Thanks for the kind words! It was probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 30-45 minutes. Much of the time was spent making removal of the cars as natural as possible. Our main goal for the shoot was to document the current field conditions (see the overhead stitched shot here) so this was kind of a bonus shot for the client and my portfolio.

Would have made editing much easier if this type of shot had been the goal and we had prepped by moving the cars behind the barn :)

Hey Brian, so what do we do with that file once we download it mate? I have CC but no idea how to get the autel file into PS.

Hey Brian, so what do we do with that file once we download it mate? I have CC but no idea how to get the autel file into PS.
CC may not accept the file (see GA-XSP post above), but you would go to filters\lens correction and there is an import preset in there somewhere.

If it doesn't accept it take a look at the .jpg image I shared a few posts up for a place to start. I've found the results vary quite a bit from location to location. Like sometimes it looks weird when shooting a house or building versus pure landscape so I don't tweak the lens distortion as much. Don't do the horizontal correction unless your camera was slightly tilted for some reason.

Good luck! We do have CC on another machine at the office so I'll post up a CC one next week. Need to switch over to it but haven't had a good break in projects to migrate from cs5.5.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials