Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Practice/Indoor drone

I'll put my entry in.

GearBest.com Mobile - The Best Gear, Gadgets and Novelties

This is available with an included extra battery package, as well. Although, i would opt for a more potent, 150mAh battery, available from another seller, that includes 5 batteries and a multi charger, for around $20.

These lil beauties have enough get up and go, to do manual flips, and are nearly indestructible. I actually accidentally crashed one in the dogs water bowl....motors running. Dried it out overnite in a bowl of rice, and right back at it the next day. The only way you're going to break it, is by stepping on it. Range is about 150 meters. Iv'e flown one straight up, as high as i could, before it lost connection, and let it free fall to the ground. No damage. Having ducted fan motors, completely surrounded by the duct, made of semi soft plastic, the only thing it will hurt will be your eye, if you fly it into your face.

I'll put my entry in.

GearBest.com Mobile - The Best Gear, Gadgets and Novelties

This is available with an included extra battery package, as well. Although, i would opt for a more potent, 150mAh battery, available from another seller, that includes 5 batteries and a multi charger, for around $20.

These lil beauties have enough get up and go, to do manual flips, and are nearly indestructible. I actually accidentally crashed one in the dogs water bowl....motors running. Dried it out overnite in a bowl of rice, and right back at it the next day. The only way you're going to break it, is by stepping on it. Range is about 150 meters. Iv'e flown one straight up, as high as i could, before it lost connection, and let it free fall to the ground. No damage. Having ducted fan motors, completely surrounded by the duct, made of semi soft plastic, the only thing it will hurt will be your eye, if you fly it into your face.
Your link doesn't work for me.:(

Reactions: Squirrel!
Do NOT get it. I guess it is probably too late for that. I had one and it lasted 5 days. Then one of the motors burned up. Also, it does not handle very well. I would recommend getting a little bit bigger one.
LOL. No, didn't end up getting it. Sticking with my mini-Lilly. Love this little thing! ;)

Reactions: KentA
I'll put my entry in.

FuriBee F36 2.4GHz 4CH 6 Axis Gyro RC Quadcopter Automatic Return/3D Flip/Speed | eBay

Trying again. I checked the link this time. Granted, it's nothing like a XSP... but, it's a bit difficult to fly, at first, and will make a better pilot out of you. The only way to improve on it, would to go with a tiny whoop, and have the benefit of doing fpv with goggles, and chasing the family cat around the house. I added a camera and vtx to mine, back in the day... but RTF versions are so cheap these days, you can get all in, tiny whoop with camera and vtx installed, and some reasonably good goggles, for under $100.

Just found an f36 with a camera here:

FuriBee H801 / F36 RC Quadcopter 2.4GHz 4CH 6 Axis Gyro FPV 720P HD Camera RTF | eBay

Of course, itsitnot going to be the greatest fpv experience. You need at least a 600 vtl camera. And, you'll probably need to spend at least $60 to get a decent goggle.

Anyway...GearBest has the f36 on flash sale for $12, and change. Last i bought one, it was $20, and worth every penny.

Last edited:
xspwhite, I live in an older Victorian house, 10ft ceilings and large rooms. I looked at the x21, but it looked so small I wondered if it felt like you were flying a drone? I thought the X5C-1 was larger but not too large. I also watched some videos of people flying them indoors and it looks doable, I think!
If you want something bigger, on the cheap, that will really be good for building your piloting abilities, try this one:

Brand New JJRC H31 High Performance Waterproof RC Quadcopter N2E1 | eBay

Its fully manual. No altitude hold, no gpsG but...its a sweet flyer. It does exactly what the stick input is, and youll really learn to fly. I think it's too big for indoors, but, you asked for something bigger. I have a YouTube video of it ill 'post later. Oh, and if you think you're interested, I would jump on this fast. I havent seen them this cheap in ages.

Reactions: KentA
Assuming you want an indoor drone without GPS, it is going to be very different than flying an XSP. Even if it has altitude hold, it will still drift and will not be as stable. However, I think that if you find a good micro drone without altitude hold you will have a lot of fun flying it. I bought a little Blue Sky Skyline NanoHawk from Menards for $9.99 and it was more fun than flying a GPS drone because it was more manual: it didn't have altitude hold or GPS. It is also good for practicing in case your GPS goes out and you are forced to control your XSP manually.

Recommendations: Cheerson CX-10, Syma X12 or X11, Hubsan Q4. All of those drones are around $20.
I have the T36 and H36 approx. $18.00-$23. I also get extra batteries as each one last 5-6 minutes. NO Hover, just control the stick.

Yup...h36 and f36 are almost identical. F36 has a little more punch, but, a little less pitch angle. T36 looks like the same thing. I'd remove the tail, shave off a little weight. When you get into these size quads, weight reduction is everything. I've even removed the center band of the battery bay. Cutting off two, of the four blades of the props will increase flight time too, but, unless you want to do the meticulous work with a nail file to balance them, probably not worth it. Buying alot of batteries is extremely convenient, and the cost is low. I opt for the eachine 150 mAh. They have increased c rating, and really wake these things up. To my knowledge, the f36 is the punchiest out of the box, in the sub $50 range.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chen