Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Post Your Photo Of The Day Here

A picture I took of the Atlanta Georgia skyline in the Buckhead area MAX_0077.adj.jpg

Reactions: romi
You may want to ask Agustine who posted it. I'm not sure.
I'm not sure the USA law. In Canada all this places need permet to fly. But what I see on YouTube and postings people's flying all over a place. And a drone regulations just getting tuff because of that.

I'm not sure the USA law. In Canada all this places need permet to fly. But what I see on YouTube and postings people's flying all over a place. And a drone regulations just getting tuff because of that.
All places in Canada do not need a permit to fly, only you need a Certificate. Depending on where you want to fly depends on weather you passed your Basic or Advance. Only Canadian citizens can apply. Any international travelers need to apply for a SFOC from Transport Canada. And you better do that weeks in advance as it takes a lot of time to get approved. As for flying either with either Basic or Advance you should check out Transport Canada's Site Selection Tool. And yes I was perfectly legal flying were I was today.

All places in Canada do not need a permit to fly, only you need a Certificate. Depending on where you want to fly depends on weather you passed your Basic or Advance. Only Canadian citizens can apply. Any international travelers need to apply for a SFOC from Transport Canada. And you better do that weeks in advance as it takes a lot of time to get approved. As for flying either with either Basic or Advance you should check out Transport Canada's Site Selection Tool. And yes I was perfectly legal fly were I was today.

I'm talking about National Parks , Reserves Conservatories. Not all Canada lol. I'm clear with a Canadian laws for flying.

I'm talking about National Parks , Reserves Conservatories. Not all Canada lol. I'm clear with a Canadian laws for flying.

Ya the US is a lot different. Some rules are the same and many are not. Best part in Canada you don't need anything like a Part 107 to sell photos.
Provincial Parks as long as you get the Park Super approval to take some photos your good to go. National Parks is pretty hard unless your National Geographic.
I have a Provincial park 2000 feet from my back door and get approval anytime I go into the park. Flying over from outside the park I don't need approval as long as take of and landing is done outside of Park boundaries. Living so close to the park I know everyone who works there and have never had a problem as long as the park is not full of people. They kind of frown on that.

Reactions: Tufargon
Ya the US is a lot different. Some rules are the same and many are not. Best part in Canada you don't need anything like a Part 107 to sell photos.
Provincial Parks as long as you get the Park Super approval to take some photos your good to go. National Parks is pretty hard unless your National Geographic.
I have a Provincial park 2000 feet from my back door and get approval anytime I go into the park. Flying over from outside the park I don't need approval as long as take of and landing is done outside of Park boundaries. Living so close to the park I know everyone who works there and have never had a problem as long as the park is not full of people. They kind of frown on that.
What I rember to sell photos you need the advanced license. I know Parks is tuff I do nature photography and lots of time I able to go with n from a border, even that last time the ranger question this movement. Luckily he is a nice guy and easy to explain to him. Most beautiful scenery usb n parks or reservs. Lol

What I rember to sell photos you need the advanced license. I know Parks is tuff I do nature photography and lots of time I able to go with n from a border, even that last time the ranger question this movement. Luckily he is a nice guy and easy to explain to him. Most beautiful scenery usb n parks or reservs. Lol

Commercial vs recreational distinction was observed in the old regulations and were no longer observed as of June 2019. Although they still do make this distinction in the US which is why I think we often still hear about this. Sounds like you really need to review the Regs for Canada as you do not sound like your very up to date.
License has nothing to do with what you do,,, only where you do it.
TC doesn’t differentiate between commercial or recreational (Basic or Advance) for selling photos.

Commercial vs recreational distinction was observed in the old regulations and were no longer observed as of June 2019. Although they still do make this distinction in the US which is why I think we often still hear about this. Sounds like you really need to review the Regs for Canada as you do not sound like your very up to date.
License has nothing to do with what you do,,, only where you do it.
TC doesn’t differentiate between commercial or recreational (Basic or Advance) for selling photos.
Guess I'll m just don't know . Good you know all the rules . Happy for you.

• Haha
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Guess I'll m just don't know . Good you know all the rules . Happy for you.
Don't know all the rules but I do try. Having to know both the USA and Canada rules because we have both members here kind of fills your head up LOL
Happy flying and stay safe.

I've been following the progress of Comet NEOWISE the past few weeks. Since it's close encounter with our Sun, the comet defied the attempts of the Sun to destroy it, like the previous two promising comets this year. It has graduated into a quite beautiful morning (now evening) object. Astronomy club members gathered Sunday morning at our local dark site to catch it peaking up in the pre-dawn skies. My cheap Canon P&S (SX 530) came through for me, being limited to only a 15 second exposure.

7.12.20d.jpg

If you are interested in more info and some incredible images from around the world, please check out these sites:

This is Astronomy Picture of the Day site with the most iconic image I've seen to date!

The Spaceweather.com site has daily updates on the comet and maps to help you find it in the sky.

Be one of the few humans on this Earth to see this visitor from space with your own eyes!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy