Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Picher, OK - abandoned town and superfund site, sinkholes

thanks. No color correction of any kind, just spliced the videos together.

Holly Crap Batman, that's one seriously bad ending to a thriving town.
Sad to see things end up like this.

WOW that's very sad. How did things get to this point? What went wrong?
Watch the video... lead poisoning. The chat piles on the surface contain lead & other toxic heavy metals. The towns people were becoming sick and the children mentally incapacitated. Lead poisoning is a serious thing. It is one big toxic mess there.

YEH TJ I did watch it mate, thats why i find it hard to understand how the people didnt stop this from happening. anyway it is not what should have happened. Sorry mate i get angry when i see stuff like this allowed to be swept under the carpet. Someone is responsible for the decisions made.
Ok i feel better now...I'll go back in my hole

YEH TJ I did watch it mate, thats why i find it hard to understand how the people didnt stop this from happening. anyway it is not what should have happened. Sorry mate i get angry when i see stuff like this allowed to be swept under the carpet. Someone is responsible for the decisions made.
Ok i feel better now...I'll go back in my hole
Oh OK, I misunderstood you (imagine that, on the internet :D). The damaging effect of lead on children wasn't brought to light until the early 1970's in the USA. Lead poisoning continues to be a problem around the world, especially in developing countries. Look at the lead in the water problems currently in Flint, Michigan. Different source but still a global problem. In the case of Picher keep in mind the lead mined there made bullets to win wars so the government had a reason to try to keep a lid on it as long as they possibly could I'm sure.

Yes, the war effort cannot be complimented enough. what u yanks did after Pearl was amazing. Shows just how everyone can work together for their fellow man.

I have been watching many u tube doco's about ww 2. I am totally amazed and proud of what they all did.
Anyway, don't start me on ww2 stuff or i will bore u to death :)

Reactions: Tommy Molnar
It's kind of the same with asbestos. It probably helped saved many lives itself but its negative effect was not really known until later. Very interesting flyover. The fact that the grass all seems so brown and has the winter "dead" look, unlike where I live where it is still green, also magnifies the strangeness of the unique mounds of stuff.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials