Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Pass an aeronautical knowledge and safety test??? Registration?

Where does it asks for a knowledge test to register your Evo? I have a few drones registered and I have never been asked to take a test.

Ahh. Don't worry about that just yet. The safety test isn't live. It should be by the end of the year.

Just register your drone in the link below.

Last edited:
Ahh. Don't worry about that just yet. The safety test isn't live. It should be by the end of the year.
Thanks for your quick response - So, eventually everybody must take the test, what about if not pass? They already have their personal info ...I am about to register. Registration has 4 sections: 1. I input personal info, 2. Enter Payment information, 3. Review and Pay, 4. Confirmation. At what point enter drone model and serial?

Thanks for your quick response - So, eventually everybody must take the test, what about if not pass? They already have their personal info ...I am about to register. Registration has 4 sections: 1. I input personal info, 2. Enter Payment information, 3. Review and Pay, 4. Confirmation. At what point enter drone model and serial?
The test will be an online test you can take at home and google the answers. If you fail... then it wasn't ment to be.

As for drone registration, you are registering as a recreational pilot, so you don't register your drone. That is only for Part 107 drones. Just make sure to label your drones with your recreational pilot registration number.

The test will be an online test you can take at home and google the answers. If you fail... then it wasn't ment to be.

As for drone registration, you are registering as a recreational pilot, so you don't register your drone. That is only for Part 107 drones. Just make sure to label your drones with your recreational pilot registration number.
Great...thanks for your information and help.

If the Exam is set up anything like our new Canadian Exams and you fail you can retake it 24 hours later and you would have to pay again to take it. From what I have heard the Exam they are trying to set up for you guys is pretty easy, common sense type of questions with a few you might actually have to look up.
The goal should not be to not just pass the test. The goal is to learn some useful information.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
If the Exam is set up anything like our new Canadian Exams and you fail you can retake it 24 hours later and you would have to pay again to take it. From what I have heard the Exam they are trying to set up for you guys is pretty easy, common sense type of questions with a few you might actually have to look up.
The goal should not be to not just pass the test. The goal is to learn some useful information.
Hopefully it is not like the Canada's. I agree, it is meant to learn and to use common sense...but common sense is the one less common sense of all! Thanks

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
I’ve got my login on a favorite. The recreational pilot number purchase is actually quite easy. I like having my list and that I can manage my inventory. It’s better then the “here is your only number” deal they had before. I keep a laminated copy in every case per UAV. I’m assuming in the future, the one test will cover my entire fleet and as long as I’m the pilot, they are deemed acceptable. Otherwise, it’s going to cost me!

I got contacted today by my local FSDO officer (no, I am not in trouble ?) and he told me a few interesting things, one of these is, the exam for hobby pilots will announced in 154 days from this post. He told me it will be self test so you can look up and learn about important stuff, but it will not be close to what part 107 test will be. So it should be really easy.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials