Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Parrot launches ANAFI USA – A drone for first responders and enterprise users

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
It's an awesome platform. Great to finally have a small, affordable platform that is MADE IN THE USA. ??

More info online here: Parrot ANAFI USA

We begin shipping pre-orders around the last week of July.

Affordable might be pushing it a bit, LOL.... $7K is a bit much for rec flyers -- but, it's not made for us. A super-durable Anafi would be a great drone, but I'd want a 1" sensor and loose the FLIR. I hope they use the same platform to offer cheaper models at some point.....

Reactions: advexure
Affordable might be pushing it a bit, LOL.... $7K is a bit much for rec flyers -- but, it's not made for us. A super-durable Anafi would be a great drone, but I'd want a 1" sensor and loose the FLIR. I hope they use the same platform to offer cheaper models at some point.....

As you mention, you are correct that this is not a platform for recreational flyers. Sorry I should have clarified that "affordable" is referring to comparable commercial/enterprise solutions for public safety, private security, inspection, construction, etc.

Agree that it would be great to see Parrot work off of this new airframe iteration and bring out some additional payloads for the prosumer segment and those industries that do not require thermal.

Just to provide some insight as to where this aircraft and sensors fits into the mix, I'll provide a summary of thermal equipped UAS platforms & cameras (aircraft still required).

ManufacturerModelThermal Camera SensorsPrice
ParrotANAFI ThermalFLIR Lepton 160x120$1,900
DJIMavic 2 Enterprise DualFLIR Lepton 160x120$3,350
ParrotANAFI USAFLIR Boson 320x256$7,000
AutelEVO II DualFLIR Boson 640x512~$10k (contact for quote)
DJIZenmuse XT2 (camera only, M200/M300 needed)FLIR 336x256 or 640x512~$7-14k (+ drone)

It's great to have options, and a made in the USA option, and even better to see competition in the market.

As you mention, you are correct that this is not a platform for recreational flyers. Sorry I should have clarified that "affordable" is referring to comparable commercial/enterprise solutions for public safety, private security, inspection, construction, etc.

Agree that it would be great to see Parrot work off of this new airframe iteration and bring out some additional payloads for the prosumer segment and those industries that do not require thermal.

Just to provide some insight as to where this aircraft and sensors fits into the mix, I'll provide a summary of thermal equipped UAS platforms & cameras (aircraft still required).

ManufacturerModelThermal Camera SensorsPrice
ParrotANAFI ThermalFLIR Lepton 160x120$1,900
DJIMavic 2 Enterprise DualFLIR Lepton 160x120$3,350
ParrotANAFI USAFLIR Boson 320x256$7,000
AutelEVO II DualFLIR Boson 640x512~$10k (contact for quote)
DJIZenmuse XT2 (camera only, M200/M300 needed)FLIR 336x256 or 640x512~$7-14k (+ drone)

It's great to have options, and a made in the USA option, and even better to see competition in the market.
A “ruggedized“ made in the USA Anafi with a 1” 20mp 4K/60 camera for $1500+ would shake-up the Evo II - MP2/3 arena as well. Competition is good !

Reactions: Tufargon
The security features seem very well designed --- they obviously thought about the Anafi being downed by hostiles wanting to see what was being recon'd. I'd think this drone will give municipalities a solid non-DJI option.....well.....ahhhhh.... if police departments aren't all defunded and the streets are patrolled by therapists ?

• Haha
Reactions: drrags and butch
IMO, if the specs on their website is correct, very high price point for a FLIR camera drone with only 160x120 thermal camera sensor. This will limit the distance and usability for this except closer range (less than 150 feet), although it does read radiometric (actual temperatures). The Autel Evo II Duo with 640x512 sensor will be way, way sharper - although lacks radiometric readouts.

IMO, if the specs on their website is correct, very high price point for a FLIR camera drone with only 160x120 thermal camera sensor. This will limit the distance and usability for this except closer range (less than 150 feet), although it does read radiometric (actual temperatures). The Autel Evo II Duo with 640x512 sensor will be way, way sharper - although lacks radiometric readouts.

Your thinking about the first Anafi specs. This one has a FLIR Boson® 320 longwave infrared (LWIR) thermal camera: 320x256 resolution, 50° HFOV, temperature range - 10° to +150°C and when you include the stabilized 32 times zoom (no shake) you do not need to be close to any object. Allowing operators to see details clearly from up to 5 km (3.1 mi) away. Factor in all the software that is bundled into the package that is a pretty big savings.

Reactions: Nightbat2
Your thinking about the first Anafi specs. This one has a FLIR Boson® 320 longwave infrared (LWIR) thermal camera: 320x256 resolution, 50° HFOV, temperature range - 10° to +150°C and when you include the stabilized 32 times zoom (no shake) you do not need to be close to any object. Allowing operators to see details clearly from up to 5 km (3.1 mi) away. Factor in all the software that is bundled into the package that is a pretty big savings.

Nice!... and interesting, 320x256 is very good although if that is digital 32x zoom I will be curious as to the actual quality of the image. Any video posted anywhere?

So.... I can't seen to find, but is that optical 32x zoom or digital? If digital, very impressive!

I can't say for sure but I believe its digital. From what has been posted it uses two cameras to achieve this. Way over my head and for that matter way over my price range unless they want to give me a demo to try LOL

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo