Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Orbit

Willem

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls pls help me how do u use the controler sticks on the evo to do a orbit

What do you mean specifically? Once you set the orbit, the drone does the rest. Only by moving the right joystick left or right, it will speed up the orbit or change direction. Moving the right stick up or down, will enlarge or shrink the orbit and moving the left joystick up and down will make the drone go up or down. Can't use yaw when in orbit.

What do you mean specifically? Once you set the orbit, the drone does the rest. Only by moving the right joystick left or right, it will speed up the orbit or change direction. Moving the right stick up or down, will enlarge or shrink the orbit and moving the left joystick up and down will make the drone go up or down. Can't use yaw when in orbit.
I dont want to use orbit mode i want to fly my self and do a orbit. Do i press the right stick to the right and forward or what.

In that case, you can press the left and right stick in the same direction slowly to perform the orbit manually. It's a bit hard, but with some practice you can perfect it. You can also choose orbit mode and select your target, but do not click on start. This way the drone will adjust it's yaw to keep the target centered while you can move the drone around. as explained in the video below.

Reactions: jcommstudios
I dont want to use orbit mode i want to fly my self and do a orbit. Do i press the right stick to the right and forward or what.
You will use both sticks. But first set your flight speed to Precision mode and the slowest flight speed of 2.2 mph. This will also slow down the sensitivity of your left stick yaw rotation of the camera view. You also want to turn off Visual Obstacle Avoidance and the Downward Vision Positioning for this practicing.

Its best to practice the hand/eye coordination filming yourself standing in an open area at eye level. Hover the drone about 15 feet out from you. Push the right stick sideways and at the same time push the left stick in the appropriate sideways direction to keep you centered. In Precision everything is so slow you can leave the left stick full sideways and then just feather your right stick's sideways flying speed to match the speed of your camera yaw rotation.

Just watch yourself on your Explorer screen and keep yourself centered in the frame. Once you "get the hang of it" you can move on to practicing on a bush or other object in the open but at some point in that orbit YOU will end up in the frame background as the drone operator. Don't spoil your shot with that. One of those things like don't let the drone's shadow show in your shot. :)

After you get skilled at Precision mode speeds, you can switch to Standard and start having some real fun doing this move faster and perhaps add some interesting altitude changes to create a spiral effect.

Reactions: Squaddy
Gee thx that will help a lot i just need to practise some more and more and more lol.

Reactions: Trox

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smaxfieldapi