Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Orbit Mode, Help

So I just got home from work and got my Evo to test it out. If you are in orbit mode and your drone is moving CW, by moving the right stick to the left, it does increase the speed. Tapping it various times increases the speed up. Vice versa, if you are at full speed, tapping to the right slows down the orbit. Be careful, if you tap to many times, it will eventually come to a stop and start going CCW. Hope it clarifies it for everyone.

Edit: Here is a video of what I mean by tapping on the joystick. I apologize for my madz recording skills. I recorded it with my tablet and it gets heavy, fast.

I am not a native English speaker, so if you don't like my accent.
View attachment 4782
???

If you have any more questions, please let @Agustine and I know, and we will gladly test things out for you, as time permits.
Thanking. I will try tapping it to change the speed. Wonder why this is not in the Autel Evo instruction video!!

Reactions: Ansia
i need to film a plot of land bigger than the 100 meters radius that orbit mode lets you, any ideas how to do it? i had the mavic zoom and you select the land and it will encircle it, i think it was called POI (point of interest). tried waypoints but evo waypoints its almost unusable with every waypoint stopping and then heading to the other

i need to film a plot of land bigger than the 100 meters radius that orbit mode lets you, any ideas how to do it? i had the mavic zoom and you select the land and it will encircle it, i think it was called POI (point of interest). tried waypoints but evo waypoints its almost unusable with every waypoint stopping and then heading to the other
Just orbit manually. It's easy. Just pull the sticks away from each other. Adjust as needed.

Reactions: aed1980
Just orbit manually. It's easy. Just pull the sticks away from each other. Adjust as needed.
yeah will do that, clearly evo is better than mavic in many areas, but is also much worse in others! cant believe they dont have a point of interest feature like the one in dji, dont forget this is a flying camera not a hobby rc plane!

Reactions: G_G
I guess I don’t understand the question. Use orbit mode to set a center point and then orbit around it. Why doesn’t this work?

I guess I don’t understand the question. Use orbit mode to set a center point and then orbit around it. Why doesn’t this work?
because the maximum radius that evo lets you is 100 meters or 330 feet! and the plot of land i need to film around is much bigger

yeah will do that, clearly evo is better than mavic in many areas, but is also much worse in others! cant believe they dont have a point of interest feature like the one in dji, dont forget this is a flying camera not a hobby rc plane!
+1!

Have they improved orbit mode at all since it first came out? I heard it was horrible with jerky movements and such.

Have they improved orbit mode at all since it first came out? I heard it was horrible with jerky movements and such.
Not that I have noticed.
If it hasn't happened in almost 2 years, with all the emphasis on an EVO 2, no further improvements are likely to be made to the EVO. It is what it is.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials