Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Orbit Mode, Help

Sau Wing Lam

Reaction score
Start trying the orbit mode. Need help:

1. Is there any way to vary the speed, or is there just one speed set by Evo?
2. I set the center point, but the radius center is off so it is not a round circle based on the center point I selected. What did I do wrong?

Thank you.

Thanks. They help me with the first question. Still wondering if we can alter the speed, or is the only way to alter the speed is during post editing.

Have you tried changing flight modes from standard to ludicrous or precision? I don't know if it would work, but it's worth a try.

I did. I changed it to precision, thinking that would slow it down. But then I got a notice saying I must use standard.

Try using the control sticks. From what I remember on the X-Star moving them one way or the other would control the speed of the orbit and the radius. Never did many of them so I am a bit fuzzy on the process.

Agustine is right you can increase the speed but it has its limit.
Check this Utube

On the Evo remote controller left and right on the right stick would just change from clockwise to counterclockwise. It does not increase or decrease orbit speed.

It is not such a big deal that you cannot alter the speed when orbiting. You can always adjust the speed in post editing.

On the Evo remote controller left and right on the right stick would just change from clockwise to counterclockwise. It does not increase or decrease orbit speed.

Did you try moving them up or down ?

Looking at the second video above you can see what the sticks are suppose to do.4763

Perhaps you are giving it full stick. Try just gently pushing left on the right stick till it slows down to the speed you want. For the X-star insrtuctions it is pretty clear on how this works. For the EVO I have no experience with it as I don't own one but I cannot see it being much different.

"If you’re flying clockwise and push left on the right command stick, the X‑Star will slow down. If you keep pushing left, the X‑Star will then start to head in a counterclockwise orbit. Remember these settings are based off the default mode 2 command stick settings. "

I think the X-Star orbit controls work slightly different. On Evo the right stick controls clockwise or anticlockwise direction instead of speed like in X-Star.

Hope this will help you with your questions.

@ 1:08 the instructions don't make sense. they need to be specific and make clear distinctions between features. AND FINISH WHAT YOU START...!!! for example = OPTION = select aircraft location. setpoint A. Fly to the desired radius THEN WHAT? chose my location? and chose your point of location? which is the next option. so what happened to the rest of the sequence of events to complete the task of orbit for aircraft location? giving half instructions assuming folks who are learning will grasp the unknown is not giving direction or instruction..its called confusing people.

@ 1:08 the instructions don't make sense. they need to be specific and make clear distinctions between features. AND FINISH WHAT YOU START...!!! for example = OPTION = select aircraft location. setpoint A. Fly to the desired radius THEN WHAT? chose my location? and chose your point of location? which is the next option. so what happened to the rest of the sequence of events to complete the task of orbit for aircraft location? giving half instructions assuming folks who are learning will grasp the unknown is not giving direction or instruction..its called confusing people.
Lol contact Autel. They made that video.

So I just got home from work and got my Evo to test it out. If you are in orbit mode and your drone is moving CW, by moving the right stick to the left, it does increase the speed. Tapping it various times increases the speed up. Vice versa, if you are at full speed, tapping to the right slows down the orbit. Be careful, if you tap to many times, it will eventually come to a stop and start going CCW. Hope it clarifies it for everyone.

Edit: Here is a video of what I mean by tapping on the joystick. I apologize for my madz recording skills. I recorded it with my tablet and it gets heavy, fast.

I am not a native English speaker, so if you don't like my accent.
giphy.gif
???

If you have any more questions, please let @Agustine and I know, and we will gladly test things out for you, as time permits.

Last edited:
Reactions: G_G and Jagerbomb52
You must first fly on top of whatever you want to orbit.

-Hit the A button or the "Set A" option in the corner of the screen.
-fly backwards 33 feet or more, but no more than 249 feet.
-to start the orbit choose if you wish to start CW or CCW and hit the B button or "Start" in the corner of your screen.

The drone will then proceed to do the orbit mode.

Hope it helps!

So I just got home from work and got my Evo to test it out. If you are in orbit mode and your drone is moving CW, by moving the right stick to the left, it does increase the speed. Tapping it various times increases the speed up. Vice versa, if you are at full speed, tapping to the right slows down the orbit. Be careful, if you tap to many times, it will eventually come to a stop and start going CCW. Hope it clarifies it for everyone.

Edit: Here is a video of what I mean by tapping on the joystick. I apologize for my madz recording skills. I recorded it with my tablet and it gets heavy, fast.

I am not a native English speaker, so if you don't like my accent.
View attachment 4782
???

If you have any more questions, please let @Agustine and I know, and we will gladly test things out for you, as time permits.

Thanks to my fellow Moderator for doing the ground work for me. As I suspected tapping the controller sticks will slow or speed up the Orbit. Not much has changed from the X-Stars Orbit.
Thanks @Ansia

Reactions: G_G and Ansia
You must first fly on top of whatever you want to orbit.

-Hit the A button or the "Set A" option in the corner of the screen.
-fly backwards 33 feet or more, but no more than 249 feet.
-to start the orbit choose if you wish to start CW or CCW and hit the B button or "Start" in the corner of your screen.

The drone will then proceed to do the orbit mode.

Hope it helps!
thanks that makes sense because the orbit task set of instructions is complete to perform that orbit task.

Reactions: Ansia

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy