Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Opinions?

QuadSquad

Reaction score
Regardless of cost.... just aesthetically speaking, would you consider buying this in a 6' X 2.5' wall mural, and is it overly processed?

MedinaFalls.jpeg

Looking again.... That left set of falls is flowing faster, alot more volume than the smaller ones.

I guess to me the left side that has more water coming over has a lot more motion blur to it. This in my opinion gave the photo a unbalanced look. I took you photo and used a motion blur to try and adjust the two smaller falls. Not sure if I did it any justice but it was fun trying :)
I always say the photographer is the person who decides, everyone else is just a critic with their own opinion so if you like your photo stick with it.

MAX_0016 adjusted.jpg

It was the cp/nd16, f2.8, 1/2 second, 3.15mm, iso 100

Last edited:
I guess to me the left side that has more water coming over has a lot more motion blur to it. This in my opinion gave the photo a unbalanced look. I took you photo and used a motion blur to try and adjust the two smaller falls. Not sure if I did it any justice but it was fun trying :)
I always say the photographer is the person who decides, everyone else is just a critic with their own opinion so if you like your photo stick with it.

View attachment 1300
Hmmmm... hard to tell, for my old eyes. See more of a tonal shift, than anything else. Think I'm just going to have to re-shoot it, or split the two falls. Maybe just too much of a flow difference to balance them out. Only problem is, it's in a deep ravine, limited clear view of the quad from the launch position, a hell of a down draft, and quite a bit of spray in the air... not evident in the photo, but you can feel it at the launch position.

Last edited:
Looks like a really nice spot to get photos all year long. Do be careful with the drafts as they can play games on the XSP. I fly by a large waterfalls a lot and notice a lot of movement if I get to close.

The Falls.jpg

That is awesome. I do have the great Niagara Falls..... unfortunately, a NFZ.

LOL that is Kakabeka Falls, the Niagara of the north. It is now a no fly zone with the new Canadian laws. Good thing I have tons of video of it. :)

They keep it up, I'm betting they'll just create alot of outlaws. Can't be too hard to disable the LED's, and go matte black on the shell ;)

I love HDR's, I don't know if this is how this was processed, but it's similar if anything. I'm a photographer and love images like this, I do a lot of them. If I was to compliment and critique this image, this is what I would say:
1. I like how it's framed to some extent. it could use the main subject (3 water falls) to be a little more offset and not centered so much. Maybe a little cropping.
2. Main waterfall if blown out. The large waterfall is the main subject and the first thing that catches the eye. Work on that more and bring some detail into it. It looks from the unedited version that this waterfall isn't blown out (or overexposed with no detail-too bright) but the processing over exposed it to where it has no depth.
3. The right side at the bottom of the frame has a great look to it. Beautiful green grass with lot of depth. The rest of the image needs more of this.
4. I love HDR's that has a magical almost mystical look to it. I would. I would work some more on the trees. If you can't cool down the large waterfall, then bring the trees more to the focus and make them stand out more.

Is this image HDRed using multiple images? I would love to have a go at processing this image if you are willing. This image has a lot of beauty in it.

Looks like a really nice spot to get photos all year long. Do be careful with the drafts as they can play games on the XSP. I fly by a large waterfalls a lot and notice a lot of movement if I get to close.

View attachment 1301

Me too, I’ve flown within inches of waterfalls, which of course is dangerous, but being a retired professional photographer/videographer I always felt the “tool” (camera/ platform) is disposable. I finally had the XSP go sideways from a big gusher of water at Akaka Falls, almost lost control. I’ve back-off a bit. I’ve always gotten CLOSE to my subjects, but with a drone, I’m still learning what is prudent, and what is just plain dumb...

I love HDR's, I don't know if this is how this was processed, but it's similar if anything. I'm a photographer and love images like this, I do a lot of them. If I was to compliment and critique this image, this is what I would say:
1. I like how it's framed to some extent. it could use the main subject (3 water falls) to be a little more offset and not centered so much. Maybe a little cropping.
2. Main waterfall if blown out. The large waterfall is the main subject and the first thing that catches the eye. Work on that more and bring some detail into it. It looks from the unedited version that this waterfall isn't blown out (or overexposed with no detail-too bright) but the processing over exposed it to where it has no depth.
3. The right side at the bottom of the frame has a great look to it. Beautiful green grass with lot of depth. The rest of the image needs more of this.
4. I love HDR's that has a magical almost mystical look to it. I would. I would work some more on the trees. If you can't cool down the large waterfall, then bring the trees more to the focus and make them stand out more.

Is this image HDRed using multiple images? I would love to have a go at processing this image if you are willing. This image has a lot of beauty in it.
No.... Just my first run at using a cpl/nd filter on this drone. Just a single jpg, processed with Snapseed. No HDR involved. All of my past work has just been in real estate, simple UV filter. All of .y past photography was in film, where you needed to get what you wanted when you pulled the trigger. I dropped photography to a sporadic hobby level, a long time ago. Re acquainted to cameras, when I got into the drone Biz. Admittedly an amateur at digital, and post processing.

With fall upon us in the Northeast, I figured I would play around with some landscapes in my spare time... Hopeful to get this digital post processing thing down, before the colors peak.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coastaldrone