Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

One mile from inside the van.

It doesn't always end well:

And just in case there are any certifiable EVO owners thinking it might be fun to fly inside a moving vehicle, this reckless kamikaze pilot demonstrates why it should be a federal offence:

It is very unlikely that the first crash was because of sitting in the car. I would speculate that he took off from the concrete parking lot and was the victim of all the steel rebar and steel post around him. That will effect the compass in the drone more than any thing else.

Reactions: macoman
That would be the only way to fly around here this week.
Wind chill values are expected to plunge to between -45 C and -50 C overnight.
That's what I'm dealing with here. Lost feeling in my finger and gloves make it hard to fly unless there is a good solution for that. The feel is hard and it's easy to make mistakes in gloves.

That's what I'm dealing with here. Lost feeling in my finger and gloves make it hard to fly unless there is a good solution for that. The feel is hard and it's easy to make mistakes in gloves.
Get a cheap indoor drone and fly that while warm and toasty.

There are gloves that as I understand are toasty and are designed to effectively work with touch screens, and confortable enough to allow tactile control of the sticks, I live in Florida so no need, don't remember the brand or where to get but should be easy to find out.

Reactions: jimzartman
It is very unlikely that the first crash was because of sitting in the car. I would speculate that he took off from the concrete parking lot and was the victim of all the steel rebar and steel post around him. That will effect the compass in the drone more than any thing else.
I am the guy with the Evo video that crashed. I think you maybe right. I took off the drone from far away of my car but from the parking platform which have concrete underneath. Which could had affected magnetically the drone. In the beginning the fly was totally normal as I left the drone hover for a minute. Then I flew over 150 feet and then the Evo started been uncontrollable.

I am the guy with the Evo video that crashed. I think you maybe right. I took off the drone from far away of my car but from the parking platform which have concrete underneath. Which could had affected magnetically the drone. In the beginning the fly was totally normal as I left the drone hover for a minute. Then I flew over 150 feet and then the Evo started been uncontrollable.
That is so weird- what was the response from customer service? Any solution?

That is so weird- what was the response from customer service? Any solution?
I have not contacted customer service because I inspected the drone and nothing is broke and only lost two props. I also tested the drone and appear to be working normal. I have not yet take it to the field to test a long range flight but I will soon going to do it to make sure that it is working. If I have this issue again, I will contact Autel customer service.

I have not contacted customer service because I inspected the drone and nothing is broke and only lost two props. I also tested the drone and appear to be working normal. I have not yet take it to the field to test a long range flight but I will soon going to do it to make sure that it is working. If I have this issue again, I will contact Autel customer service.
I would contact them now just to ask some questions and so there is a record of the problem happening so if it does crash later there will be a report of possible error and maybe a higher likelihood of replacement.

Reactions: macoman
Well, now I know that it's possible to sit in your car and land the EVO on the roof. I wonder how many regulations this pilot broke to make this video…

• Wow
Reactions: Ansia

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller