Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Obstacle alert above aircraft in the sea

FlyingHigh_soln

Reaction score
Hi! The alert, "there are obstacles above the aircraft" appeared a couple of times while flying above the sea. It was cloudy in that moment but at an earlier flight, in a more cloudy enviroment that alert did not pop up. Just until know. Landed and havent been able to take off again. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I've had the "obstacles above the aircraft" alert also when flying over open water. My understanding is it is caused by sun hitting the top sensors just right. I've had this message numerous times, but it hasn't prevented me from taking off after landing.

I'm assuming you've powered on and off the drone since posting, have you been able to take off?

Reactions: FlyingHigh_soln
Hi! Yes, the sun was hitting hard! I havent been able to turn on again (working ?)but I am almost sure it has to be what you are saying.

Maybe there is really something up there ?? Will start doing business, called Paranormal Drone. I just bought the drone and I am curious about every little detail hehe.

• Haha
Reactions: House Forasken
Have you contacted Autel regarding not being able to power on your drone?
I did not explain myself correctly, my apologies. I was working and because of that I could not fly the drone. He is flying perfectly normal. I did a night flight yesterday and the message did not appear. Thanks!

Reactions: House Forasken
I've had this a couple of times, once when an eagle's shadow crossed my drone (I watched the shadows converge on the ground) and once when the shadow of my Marco Polo antenna apparently crossed the sensors. ?

Reactions: FlyingHigh_soln
I've had this a couple of times, once when an eagle's shadow crossed my drone (I watched the shadows converge on the ground) and once when the shadow of my Marco Polo antenna apparently crossed the sensors. ?

Nice lol!

Reactions: PTBperegrine
I get this all the time literally 3 or 4x every single flight; its so bad I even tried cleaning the lens for the upward facing sensors. The good news is the drone does not slow down when it thinks something is above it unlike with the other sensors or I would have to turn off OA altogether. In FL the sun is beaming nearly every day and when its not then its pouring rain; not much in between.

It would be nice if they add better logic to the upward facing sensors to eliminate false positives from the sun.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials