Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Notice From Autel About Controllers and Compatibility in the Future

Nope not me - got a refund coming from Empire Drone. Not willing to play the this wont or will work nonsense. Still pending refund that is dragging out for 2398.00. First it was late April, then May than June now this - Nope, Tripltek has my back as it works flawlessly, looks just as professional, makes phone call (Yes it does) receives text, can surf the web and handle almost anything else a tablet can do. I was dumb to even consider it. Love Autel but personally enough is enough.

Reactions: Wilkz
And now I see Autel CEO is a member - I was told by Autel Support we didn't matter, now someone call a liar please! I even had a whipping contest with the moderator as proof. Moderator. Autel Support has been perfect in my eyes but this is unreal. NO MORE PRE ORDERS PLEASE. Take the money is 2 seconds and hold you hands on your butt waiting for refunds, and NO this isn't the transfer company, I had several refunds all after this cancel and guess what they all posted today. UNREAL.

Nope not me - got a refund coming from Empire Drone. Not willing to play the this wont or will work nonsense. Still pending refund that is dragging out for 2398.00. First it was late April, then May than June now this - Nope, Tripltek has my back as it works flawlessly, looks just as professional, makes phone call (Yes it does) receives text, can surf the web and handle almost anything else a tablet can do. I was dumb to even consider it. Love Autel but personally enough is enough.
a company can go one of two ways: hide and deny everything until launch day and hope for the best. pre-order, pre-announce, etc. either way, it's going to be challenging.

Hello All,
I read through these messages and there are certainly a lot of strong opinions that Autel has handled this incorrectly. I want you to put yourself in my shoes for a second, as you have all selected Autel in some form or fashion to end up here. I joined the company last Tuesday, and this topic came up later in the week. You would not fully understand what created the need to redevelop the problem other than the shortage, but you know that long-term this change is necessary. Sending out a notice with my name on it, I did it because the notice is the right thing to do. Changing the chips is the right thing to do. I want to do everything I can to be the most reliable, trustworthy, upfront company in drones. The intentions here are not ill spirited. I'm not sure how often I'll be able to check back here, but get your feedback to [email protected] and I am wanting the team to give you what you need. And your combined feedback WILL right our ship. Thanks for caring enough about this technology to voice your opinions!
I'm pleased this CEO is concerned and I do understand his hands might be tied due to circumstances beyond his or the company's control. I was a little surprised to get this response so quickly on this Monday morning.

I appreciate you reaching out. I am considering everything and hearing what you're saying. The issue is not a loss in revenue, it's a loss of reliability. We need a stable supply chain, and with these specific chips that does not seem clear to ever recover. We are working toward NDAA compliance, so that the geopolitics of the day won't limit our ability to continue doing meaningful business. This is painful I'm sure, but this is moreso in keeping aligned with our promises long-term. We want to give our customers the best experience possible, and I am here to listen to your feedback. If you could explain to me why this change creates a negative impact on your personal usage, I at least could get that into my mind.

Looking forward to your response.

--
Randall Warnas
CEO | Autel Robotics USA
[email protected]
autelrobotics.com

_AEAc-06xSKOTOFM4zxBq6B4MEPdYLuGhZ-RSMZq5aGblQcKWSRzk9asKNnoGZ0w6Eh08Lunwja6KGVJolxMoQYSU5hjFeWTETrbirw4TVtbMRNux_t0d3Eo7CUMKQdcztQrokKnL0eKhhWzR3QSaCU6iWE2Pnk=s0-d-e1-ft

22522 29th Dr SE, Suite 101

Bothell, WA 98021

Warnas's line about NDAA compliance is newsworthy. This Autel announcement came right on the heels of Autel not being blacklisted while 59 other Chinese companies were. It seems possible that the existing v1 is more secure, not less. That an Evo II apparently breeched Putin's compound surely was not lost upon the FAA, DHS, FBI, NSA, DIA, et al.

Get a tripltek and dont look back.
Don't listen to the haters, if you want the SC get it. Chances are anything after the Evo 2 V2 will be backwards compatible and if you don't plan on upgrading in the future it really shouldn't matter to you.

Compatible with all drones instead of just one brand.
As is any tablet.. but dont forget you need a tablet mount and a signal booster and by the end of all the add ons you need to be anywhere near the SC you will end up look like a cyborg or atleast like your carrying one around your neck. And don't forget having to set everything up every time you wanna fly.. super fun?

2000 nits compared to 1200 hum
10,000 nits blah blah and it's brighter than the sun - I fly Miami and Key West, Palm Beach 4 times a week. You want bright sun it's here, every once in a while I have to shade the screen no big deal. It's up to you and I am one to blow money like candy, but it's too much crap and I also dont like the fact that I have to hotspot it to your phone, if that's the case why not use your phone, I am actually glad the issue became known and cancelled my 2 orders. I already found a better way to spend my 2398, on a brand new pressure washer, maybe I will fly the drone over it and make a video.

As is any tablet.. but dont forget you need a tablet mount and a signal booster and by the end of all the add ons you need to be anywhere near the SC you will end up look like a cyborg or atleast like your carrying one around your neck. And don't forget having to set everything up every time you wanna fly.. super fun?
Signal booster here we go, what happened to line of sight and not flying to china? 3 or 4 miles isn't enough? Mount is another 60 or 70- bucks. If that 60 or 70 bucks will kill the deal you need to get a part time and save more money. Drone flying isn't cheap, neither are guns I hear the same issue, my sight cost me to much, then buy a blow dart weapon . Penny wise and dollar foolish is not the way to be here. BS as well as set up it takes literally 10 seconds with a lifthor mount. 10 seconds wow stop me from everything. Everything is also set up before you fly it's called a Pre Flight Inspection and set up. Eagle 928 said the most intelligent thing I heard all day a smart controller that acceptable to all drones. Now that's smart! The smart controller is a great addo on, dont get me wrong but here go with the issues and the GODDAMN THING ISN'T EVEN RELEASED. Your all nuts.

Reactions: Eagle928
Some good points for those who feel they need a signal booster due to city overload of wifi or a distance beyond 2-3 miles (with spotters of course).

I found the Lifthor mount to be quite good and it gave the stock controller a lanyard mount and a piece between the folding arms to give a more solid feel that is similar to the smart controller.

There's no question the SC is more handy with more features. The question is does the average E2 pilot see a need or great desire for those features?

Just the other night I took an Air 2S and an E2P to do some filming at an off-road race event. The same tablet worked great for both. I didn't need a SC for each brand.

In a number of years the Tripltek will fall behind due to processing speed just like every phone, tablet, computer, and smart controller before the current ones. How long that will take is anyone's guess. I'm hoping this one is future proof enough to operate well for at least 4-5 years but who knows.

I see the Autel SC to more of an enterprise/professional level item rather than a hobbyist level one. JMHO. YMMV. FWIW.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo