Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

No image transmission and “no sd card” message on EVO

CamsHP

Reaction score
Hello folks, just re surfacing an old thread that didn’t seem resolved.. however I noticed that the user was using the evo and had other questions throughout the years. Anyhow for me this is what happening …

when I power up the controller and drone, everything powers up normal. However the controller doesn’t show that there’s an sd installed in the drone and when you toggle the display button it just seems to be stuck refreshing, but doesn’t show the image that should be transmitted by the camera.

if youleave the drone and controller on let It attempt to connect image to the controller etc , it will eventually.. sometimes it takes up to an hour to link. As a side note, I had a napkin on my coffee table one day where I had the drone and controller powered on, just trying to load and sync up … and i noticed the napkin flapping around, ( some internal fan kicked on the Evo) … and coincidentally the image was now being transmitted to controller and sd card recognized. After re test the scenario many times, it was a fan towards the rear of the craft and every time it activates everything works as it should?!

As another side note :

i have tried multiple sd cards with same result
formatting sd cards did not go easy for me (via air never worked apparently)
the drone has only been flown a few times by me (was purchased “new” from eBay member)
evo will fly immediately and gps connection works just no image transmission or ability to shoot photo /video
i have other (cheaper) drones that I can just power up and fly
if I connect cell phone to controller no image either
under settings in firmware with cell phone connected I can view in detail the firmware versions.. under camera it says 0.00 or something like that until it connects
i can’t view pics or video on sd card through drone controller until it connects
and that’s all the details I can recall at the moment

i will try to post a video as soon as I can

thanks again for all the help in advanced!

Hello? Are these forums still open? Just a little help is appreciated, thanks.

So I re downloaded the firmware on sd card.. did the whole process again . The firmware was “unpacking”. Then it asked me to reboot controller and aircraft, but once it unpacked it and I rebooted , but the same issue persists. Took it to a local repair shop, they say it’s not a firmware issue or software issue , but a hardware issue.

Haven’t had him ”fix it” yet. Please let me know if there’s a step by step guide or what other have done in same predicament. Going on 3 months and haven’t been able to enjoy this drone. if I can follow some steps and save money let me know

thanks again

Last edited:
It sound like a bad connection inside the EVO. When you leave it on it eventually heats up and completes the path, then gives you an image. If you are good with electronics, you can open it up and look for poorly soldered connections and badly seated cables.... but otherwise it's difficult to fix on your own.

It sound like a bad connection inside the EVO. When you leave it on it eventually heats up and completes the path, then gives you an image. If you are good with electronics, you can open it up and look for poorly soldered connections and badly seated cables.... but otherwise it's difficult to fix on your own.
Thank you!, thank you for replying. Ok, so I guess I will have them look at it at the shop. I’ll just negóciate price a little . By the way sounds like you’re correct on issue, I’ll update what happens, but not sure anyone reads these threads. 👍

Hey sorry for my ignorance, but why would heat help complete the circuit?

Thanks again

Last edited:
Thank you!, thank you for replying. Ok, so I guess I will have them look at it at the shop. I’ll just negóciate price a little . By the way sounds like you’re correct on issue, I’ll update what happens, but not sure anyone reads these threads. 👍

Thanks again
We all read the threads but only chime in when we think we can help.... its hard to analyze hardware problems through the computer. The EVO is a nice unit but its aging so don't overspend on the repair.

We all read the threads but only chime in when we think we can help.... its hard to analyze hardware problems through the computer. The EVO is a nice unit but its aging so don't overspend on the repair.
Thanks for all the advice 👍

so what would be the reason heat helps complete the circuit?

thanks again have a great day

Thanks for all the advice 👍

so what would be the reason heat helps complete the circuit?

thanks again have a great day
Its not a great situation but in a loose/bad connection some current is getting through and generating heat from the resistance.... the heat causes just enough expansion to create a better connection and allow the device to function.

Reactions: CamsHP
Hello everyone,

I have the same problem, sd card is not detected.
I opened the bottom cover, I checked all the connections, they look good.
I checked everywhere to find the board, no success.
Do you know any place that have the board in stock?

Best regards.

I’ve had this same issue occur to me many times.

My fix so far has been to shut down both controller and drone a couple of times until the connection is fully completed.

Haven’t open the drone itself though so can’t say if there is anything loose inside.

I changed the lower board and the problem fixed.
I read somewhere, about DJI ones, they said by changing the SD card reader on the board, the problem will be fixed. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to try, maybe sometime next week.

Hi Pilots - I've got the same issue as the original poster: no image and "no sd card" message. It looks like Autel doesn't really even support the Evo anymore. Do you have any suggestions on how I can get a replacement card reader or a board to try to fix the drone? I feel like for over $1k that I spent on the drone it's worth a shot at fixing. :)

Thanks for everyone taking time to post on here!

I changed the lower board and the problem fixed.
I read somewhere, about DJI ones, they said by changing the SD card reader on the board, the problem will be fixed. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to try, maybe sometime next week.
I’m having the same issue. Which lower board did you replace?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials