Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Nice video comparison Autel Nano+ vs Mini 2

Saladshooter

Reaction score
The Flytpath channel posted a comparison video between the Nano+ and the Mini 2 last night. If you change your Youtube settings to show the video at its highest resolution, the difference in detail and light is amazing. This is to be expected considering the Nano+ has a sensor with much larger surface area and the new RYYB technology. Now Autel just needs to fix the bugs and add more features to the SKY app to make this thing a champ.

Flytpath is working only with sponsorship...
I trust that guy as much as a rusted old bridge over a waterfall :))))...
You will get from him a "I love this drone" for any drone that is sponsored...even a 100 USD drone, if Adorama pays for it, you will get all "positive" facts :)))))

Reactions: gski and wjc777
Flytpath is working only with sponsorship...
I trust that guy as much as a rusted old bridge over a waterfall :))))...
You will get from him a "I love this drone" for any drone that is sponsored...even a 100 USD drone, if Adorama pays for it, you will get all "positive" facts :)))))
The video speaks for itself.... Aldryn didn't review either drone. He just posted side by side footage of both the Mini 2 & the Nano+ with the same settings, similar lighting conditions, and over the same flightpath. Its about as fair of a comparison as I have seen.

The video speaks for itself.... Aldryn didn't review either drone. He just posted side by side footage of both the Mini 2 & the Nano+ with the same settings, similar lighting conditions, and over the same flightpath. Its about as fair of a comparison as I have seen.
Because Adorama have both on stock :)...
I prefer the reviews that are made by non-sponsored people, with good and bad also...
I have seen a review for M3 at him, compared with E2P as hoover time...totally manipulated, E2P had the old propellers and not silent ones that increase also flight time, no firmware presented (as we all know that E2P after last year FW was gained a +4 minutes from battery management)...
So...when somebody use tricks, is cut from my "circle of trust" :)....

Because Adorama have both on stock :)...
I prefer the reviews that are made by non-sponsored people, with good and bad also...
I have seen a review for M3 at him, compared with E2P as hoover time...totally manipulated, E2P had the old propellers and not silent ones that increase also flight time, no firmware presented (as we all know that E2P after last year FW was gained a +4 minutes from battery management)...
So...when somebody use tricks, is cut from my "circle of trust" :)....
So, which video’s review do you recommend? I like to watch Captain Drone’s reviews.

I trust my eyes more than anything.... This video is good because he doesn't make any verbal comparison, just presents the video side by side. I hate when someone tells me what I should be seeing or presents comparison videos with different lighting and subject matter.

At least Aldryn is upfront about his paid sponsorship...... when he straight up tells us that the Autel Nano Triple Plus is the best drone ever made and is available at Adorama for an extra super duper price then I will take it with an entire shaker of salt.

So, which video’s review do you recommend? I like to watch Captain Drone’s reviews.
I like watching Captain Drone's reviews as well as they tend to be pretty comprehensive. However even though he isn't sponsored directly, he does receive lots of free product and rarely says anything really bad about anything.

Captain Drone also doesn't put the drones he reviews through much of their paces in the air..... usually just quick flights and camera tests. Mostly I watch him for entertainment not for his critical assessments

Look at all reviews... See the good and bad things then compare with others...Make a list with things you need as "must have" and cross check it always...
You will find a lot of people that purchased the drones and make videos about it...Try to discern if they make mistakes as user errors or it is a problem at the drone itself.
For example:
- from start, the Nano+ image was seen to have micro vibrations from gimbal...also in one video with the drone very close I have seen that the rear part of the drone have a strong vibration that can transmit in gimbal and ruin the footage...Was not needed to have someone in review to tell me that...
- from start, the orbit mode from Nano appeared to be strange, like a circle made from small straight lines, cropped to form a poor circle...Not even now I did not realized if is wind or just same jerky orbit like E2P that goes everywhere but not orbit :)))) (at E2P after 2 circles, your POI is far away from image center - that if you have it in image anymore, sometimes goes crazy...but is solved with Manual controls and Precision Flight....).
- from start the Night mode appears very nice, but in low light you have a strong jelly effect as is making a heavy denoise in drone at very high ISO...As the portions with light appears perfect, the lower shadows will be not so nice.

Always remember...There is no such thing as Perfect Drone...will never be...But important is to satisfy your demands.
** For amateurs/family will be good a Nano/Nano+ ? YES, the video quality is way over Mini2 for Plus version, around the same for Nano but without damn NFZ enforced (except the vibrations that needs a fix). Still, in Europe will have a problem starting 2023 for flights inside city, as is not C class...so, choose carefully...at this point no <250gr is C class compliant as this class was almost all documented only a few months ago and no producers are able to change the drone production in such short time....maybe the drones that will launch at end of this year will provide C classes for Europe.
** For video work is good? NO, you will have to provide for customers a nice experience on time, this is a small drone, depends too much of wind status and also you need more than this to work with commercials.
** For photos will be good? YES, as long as you will have a P40 Pro like sensor, and P40Pro is making great photos day and night, also Raw files are great (I have Huawei phones and know this type of sensor tech very good). Will be usable for commercial photos? YES, can do that.

So...hope that will give you a start in choosing the drone. Any review will have influences...some intentional, some not, as you know how is that word: "My baby is the most beautiful one..."...this applies to owners of drones too :))))) But as long as you have written some points you are interested in, you can make a difference and acquire the proper info.

Cheers.

I trust my eyes more than anything.... This video is good because he doesn't make any verbal comparison, just presents the video side by side. I hate when someone tells me what I should be seeing or presents comparison videos with different lighting and subject matter.

At least Aldryn is upfront about his paid sponsorship...... when he straight up tells us that the Autel Nano Triple Plus is the best drone ever made and is available at Adorama for an extra super duper price then I will take it with an entire shaker of salt.

I like watching Captain Drone's reviews as well as they tend to be pretty comprehensive. However even though he isn't sponsored directly, he does receive lots of free product and rarely says anything really bad about anything.

Captain Drone also doesn't put the drones he reviews through much of their paces in the air..... usually just quick flights and camera tests. Mostly I watch him for entertainment not for his critical assessments
Me too, is a nice fellow and have his own humor that gives me a good feeling...

Look at all reviews... See the good and bad things then compare with others...Make a list with things you need as "must have" and cross check it always...
You will find a lot of people that purchased the drones and make videos about it...Try to discern if they make mistakes as user errors or it is a problem at the drone itself.
For example:
- from start, the Nano+ image was seen to have micro vibrations from gimbal...also in one video with the drone very close I have seen that the rear part of the drone have a strong vibration that can transmit in gimbal and ruin the footage...Was not needed to have someone in review to tell me that...
- from start, the orbit mode from Nano appeared to be strange, like a circle made from small straight lines, cropped to form a poor circle...Not even now I did not realized if is wind or just same jerky orbit like E2P that goes everywhere but not orbit :)))) (at E2P after 2 circles, your POI is far away from image center - that if you have it in image anymore, sometimes goes crazy...but is solved with Manual controls and Precision Flight....).
- from start the Night mode appears very nice, but in low light you have a strong jelly effect as is making a heavy denoise in drone at very high ISO...As the portions with light appears perfect, the lower shadows will be not so nice.

Always remember...There is no such thing as Perfect Drone...will never be...But important is to satisfy your demands.
** For amateurs/family will be good a Nano/Nano+ ? YES, the video quality is way over Mini2 for Plus version, around the same for Nano but without damn NFZ enforced (except the vibrations that needs a fix). Still, in Europe will have a problem starting 2023 for flights inside city, as is not C class...so, choose carefully...at this point no <250gr is C class compliant as this class was almost all documented only a few months ago and no producers are able to change the drone production in such short time....maybe the drones that will launch at end of this year will provide C classes for Europe.
** For video work is good? NO, you will have to provide for customers a nice experience on time, this is a small drone, depends too much of wind status and also you need more than this to work with commercials.
** For photos will be good? YES, as long as you will have a P40 Pro like sensor, and P40Pro is making great photos day and night, also Raw files are great (I have Huawei phones and know this type of sensor tech very good). Will be usable for commercial photos? YES, can do that.

So...hope that will give you a start in choosing the drone. Any review will have influences...some intentional, some not, as you know how is that word: "My baby is the most beautiful one..."...this applies to owners of drones too :))))) But as long as you have written some points you are interested in, you can make a difference and acquire the proper info.

Cheers.
Well explained! 👍

Reactions: Saladshooter

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain