Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

NFZ idea

Ronald W.

Reaction score
Hi. I am currently not a proud owner of an Autel Evo but I am seriously considering being one. I live and would fly in the United States. I have an idea that would be excellent I feel if the FAA could implement it. Instead of having a 5 mile NFZ around airports the following should be considered and adopted:
Distance from airport Maximum Drone Altitude
0-1 Mile Takeoff not possible
1-2 Miles 60 feet
2-3 Miles 70 feet
3-4 Miles 80 feet
4-5 Miles 90 feet
5 miles + 400 feet

This graduated NFZ would allow drone pilots to safely fly their drones in a lot more areas. For those pilots that live within 1-5 miles of an airport these restrictions would allow them to fly around their home area.
Anybody have any thoughts on this idea? Great Droning to you and yours.

You're a little late. It's pretty well implented with LAANC. Use Airmap and check it out or see all the videos on youtube. It takes less than a minute to get permissions.

YW. It sure beats waiting for months after asking for permission like it used to be.

YW. It sure beats waiting for months after asking for permission like it used to be.
Hi. How exactly do you get the NFZ restriction disarmed off the Evo Explorer app using the LAANC rules? Thanks very much in advance for the help.

Hi. How exactly do you get the NFZ restriction disarmed off the Evo Explorer app using the LAANC rules? Thanks very much in advance for the help.
You don't. There is no restriction with the Evo. The only thing you get is a constant warning message. You can get rid of it by putting the video feed in full screen.

Now, if you are getting this message, it means you are flying right next to an airport and you still need LAANC authorization.

You don't. There is no restriction with the Evo. The only thing you get is a constant warning message. You can get rid of it by putting the video feed in full screen.

Now, if you are getting this message, it means you are flying right next to an airport and you still need LAANC authorization.
Thanks. That sounds great.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials