Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New update

Tom skerke

Reaction score
Hey is this ok to update I’ve seeing lots of post saying not to do Mixed messages

Hey is this ok to update I’ve seeing lots of post saying not to do Mixed messages
I'm holding off only until Google Play Store has the Explorer v1.1.7.38 version. They will only do so once it's passed a malware scan. Did already find that Beta v1.1.7.36 fixed what I most care about, the EXP saving issue, but being a Beta version I didn't put it on my primary phone, just my backup device. Not going to do any good to update the FW without upgrading SW,. It's also time consuming to do a FW upgrade, calibrations and all. Best not done over-the-air, and not trivial. (Recommend manually downloading .bin to a card)

I have made many posts already and have had massive issues with the update. Before it was perfect for hundreds of flights. Now it stops and starts recording between waypoints instead of a continuous video. And it points and films south through and at every waypoint despite where I tell the gimbal to point to.

Spend hours researching on here to downgrade and have now learnt that is is not possible, previous versions yes but this latest one definitely no.

Upgrade with caution and wait for issues to be fixed - I now have a crap drone until this is fixed

I don't know if this is related to the latest firmware update. But, I just updated my Firmware on 3-27-2021. I flew this updated EVO 2 6k today 3-31-2021, until 15 percent battery was remaining and landed it. The motors wouldn't shut down and slowly increased in speed, all the while I was holding the altitude stick down. It then lifted off about one foot, then landed again. Still, the motors remained on and slowly increased in speed until it attempted another take off. This time I just let go of the sticks. It tilted slightly forward then finally shut down. Strange happenings with the EVO 2 series. I hear some people have had some of them take off during firmware upgrades. Autel Robotics needs to perform more testing of their drones and software before release. I had three EVO 2s fail (details too long for this thread) since I started flying them a year ago. I was able to replace the three because I bought from a local retailer with a 45 day return policy.. Autel wouldn't cover the faulty drones. I have had one 8k drone for a year now with no problems. This last one with the strange failure to shutdown it's motors, I have had only for a week. I hope this is a one time thing. I'll let you all know if it happens again. I checked the battery temp, it was only 112F. The flight before landing lasted about 30 minutes. I can only speculate, if this is related to the firmware update.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dave.Samuel