Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Smart Controller

Harleymhs

Reaction score
Looks Like Autel came out with a smaller smart controller. But only works with the 2 V3 .. I heard it may be compatible with the Lite Series and Nano Series. Then Ill pull the trigger for an Nano+ I tried the Lite + and hated the new style controller ( Very Top Heavy ) and I got use to not dealing with a phone to fly my DJI Drones with the new DJI RC with the screen with my Mini 3 Pro and Air 2s ..

Reactions: faza380
My new V3 came with the controller. So far it’s a real disappointment. Battery takes days to charge and you can’t fly without a charged controller. Got the new bird on January 3 and so far I’ve been able to fly it for about 60 minutes. UGH.
Absolutely no help from Autel Support or Autelpilot. Disappointing.

My new V3 came with the controller. So far it’s a real disappointment. Battery takes days to charge and you can’t fly without a charged controller. Got the new bird on January 3 and so far I’ve been able to fly it for about 60 minutes. UGH.
Absolutely no help from Autel Support or Autelpilot. Disappointing.
Is this the smaller controller ? The youtube videos says it takes as long to charge as a cell phone. Plus they sell spare batteries ., yours doesn’t sound right that it takes days to charge the controller . No sense

I haven't had hands-on with the units you're both describing but I'm stepping in to highlight the very important need that you are using the correct cables....and not just something with the proper connectors. There are differences between DATA cables vs CHARGING cables which can greatly affect the charging times. I learned this the hard way with my Smart Controller for Evo 2 Pro v1: some-generic-DATA-cable was taking hours to charge the controller.....before the light bulb came on and I replaced the cable. Charging time only took 45 mins.

The recent firmware update did rectify the charging time issue and the charge remains strong enough for multiple flights…however, the battery discharges in the case in 3 days…imagine my surprise. (and disappointment)

Is this the smaller controller ? The youtube videos says it takes as long to charge as a cell phone. Plus they sell spare batteries ., yours doesn’t sound right that it takes days to charge the controller . No sense
They actually do not sell spare batteries. All of the resellers and AutelPilot are back ordered With no timeline for fulfillment. My order was placed a week ago.
The firmware update fixed the charging time but the battery discharges in the case after 3 days.

If it were not for the geofencing I would never have tried the Autel. After two years with the version 1 I’ve become accustomed to the look of the video and the ability to control all of the camera settings for each individual shot… I’m not going back to DJI for those two reasons but my frustration with Autel makes me much less of a fan boy

If it were not for the geofencing I would never have tried the Autel. After two years with the version 1 I’ve become accustomed to the look of the video and the ability to control all of the camera settings for each individual shot… I’m not going back to DJI for those two reasons but my frustration with Autel makes me much less of a fan boy
Frustration with AR, for sure. Many people are! Disappointing as I think AR can be a major player in the drone world if it were not for its many technical issues with its products and disappointing customer service.

I think AR robotics are a solid company. Never had any issues with my Orig Evo , plus back in those days their support was on point. Now not so much. I tried a Lite + a few months ago. That went back for a refund after 2 days. The worst was the top heavy controller and taking forever to get GPS .. then if you move it it started all over again. Plus I hated having to attach my Iphone again to an RC. After getting used to the new DJI RC with my Mini 2 pro and Air 2 s , both have the DJI RC with the screen. I started this post and was thinking when and if the AR new smaller smart controller became comp with the Nano + .. After reading a lot of horror stories with the Nano + I think Ill stick with DJI for now.

Reactions: JonasSiljan

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
celso