Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Nano+ not connecting after failed update

Andy Cox

Reaction score
Hi, a complete newbie here, so please bear with me..............
I've seen quite a lot about this online but no real solutions.

I recently bought a new NANO+ from the UK distributor and I had no problem setting it up and getting it registered etc, When I first powered it up it connected to the controller no problem and immediately said there was an update. It started the update but at about 86% a message came up saying the update had failed and to re start the drone and controller to do the update again, but it just won't connect.

When I first power up the aircraft, the LED goes green for about 3 seconds, then flashes once green and then repeatedly flashes yellow..........forever.

I have been in touch with support@autelrobotics who have been kind of helpful and directed me to the latest update which I downloaded onto the SD card and I have re booted it with the update. It flashed green for about 10 minutes and then went solid green until I tried to pair it with the controller, but it then just flashes yellow.............forever.
I'm getting a bit frustrated now, as I'm two weeks into this and still haven't been able to fly it yet and I specifically bought it for a one off boat trip I'm doing in a couple of weeks, round the UK and I need to get this resolved before then. I'm even thinking of buying another one in case this doesn't get sorted before then.

Any help would be really appreciated
Thanks

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!
Drop by the pilot’s
check-in to introduce yourself.

I suggest contacting Autel support or the retailer you bought it from.

Two weeks should be just about enough time to return it for a replacement. I get that they've tried to talk you through a fix but if that's not working then your legal rights apply.

If you can, post a screenshot showing the firmware levels of all the components. I'd be able to compare them to mine and might spot something odd.

The only other thing I can suggest trying is a different cable between phone and controller. That seems to be the cause of a few issues.

Two weeks should be just about enough time to return it for a replacement. I get that they've tried to talk you through a fix but if that's not working then your legal rights apply.

If you can, post a screenshot showing the firmware levels of all the components. I'd be able to compare them to mine and might spot something odd.

The only other thing I can suggest trying is a different cable between phone and controller. That seems to be the cause of a few issues.
Thanks for the response.
I have now tried a different cable with no difference. When I go to the ABOUT page, the only info available relates to the app firmware as can be seen from the attached screenshot. Ah, I can't see how to insert a photo from my cloud?

It's all becoming very frustrating ....................

Thanks for the response.
I have now tried a different cable with no difference. When I go to the ABOUT page, the only info available relates to the app firmware as can be seen from the attached screenshot.

It's all becoming very frustrating ....................

Attachments

• IMG_0316.PNG
    IMG_0316.PNG
    234 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0317.PNG
    IMG_0317.PNG
    2.9 MB · Views: 9
Autel have now agreed to have it returned for repair, which doesn't help me one bit, as I'm setting off on my round Britain trip on Monday.

Thinking this was going to be the case and being fairly desperate to get something sorted in time, I decided to buy a second one on the basis that it would work OK. What a stupid move that was. The new replacement arrived yesterday and I have updated the firmware successfully and tried to take it flying.

Problems with the second brand new unit:
The gimbal does a self check and then just points straight down. If I hold it in my hand in a nose high attitude, say above 30 degrees, the gimbal will the move and point straight forward and as I level it to the horizontal, the gimbal will return to the straight down position. I have checked the setting and it is set to Recenter.

In flight, there is zero yaw control. Novice mode is turned off and the flight mode is set to standard.

There is no right hand pitch control and virtually no aft pith control. Pitch control forward and to the left are positive and as I would expect.

I have spent £1400 on two drones which are supposed to be a good quality and they both have problems out of the box which makes them as useful as paperweights.

Sorry for the rant, but if anyone can help with this, then I would be very appreciative.

I'll start a second thread about the second Nano + problems.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy