Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New iOS Explorer App V1.5.9. Beta

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Hello EVO iOS users,
We are working on releasing a new iOS Explorer App V1.5.9. Compared with the current official version V1.4.18, the changes include:
New Features for EVO II users:
  • Added an option to disable Voice Assistant
  • Added Obstacle Avoidance notification sounds
  • Added Pre-flight security check prompt
  • Added ISO manual mode
  • Added Smart Orbit
  • Added remote control joystick EXP sensitivity adjustment, allowing for fine-tuning of flight control
  • Added aircraft sensitivity adjustment for attitude, brake and yaw movement
Bugs Fixes and Optimizations:
  • Resolved the GPS location deviation issue in Hong Kong and Macau
  • Obstacle Avoidance status remains unchanged when user switch the speed modes
  • Other minor bug fixes
If you would like to try (or beta test) the app prior to the official release, you can do so by following steps.
To use the iOS beta app,
First, use your iOS device to visit this public invitation link:
https://testflight.apple.com/join/tqiPLmbi
Second, follow the instruction in the link above to install the beta app using TestFlight.
If you encounter any bugs, glitches, lack of functionality or other problems with the app, please let us know immediately by contacting our customer service at 1-844-MY-AUTEL, email us at [email protected], chat with us online at AutelDrones.com, or leave comments below this post.
Thanks for your support.
Born to explore

Thank you! I'll be able to try it shortly and can't wait. I'll report back.

I have to say...this app update is a definite game changer. The control it now gives with the exp and sensitivity settings should quell any of the complaints people had about prior flight characteristics. I got used to the prior characteristics and didn’t really have a problem with them, but I have to say the difference is noticeable and quite customizable too! The only glitch I have come across has been with the voice assistant. It’s able to be disabled now for those who keep hitting the “B” button while flying. I disabled it and enabled it. The microphone icon shows for a brief second when turned back on and then quickly disappears. All other functions have been flawless and without any found issues. Good stuff!

That is great news, lets release this update asap. I flew the Evo 2 Pro for the first time this morning and felt the sticks were just crazy sensitive. Maybe a filming mode needs to be introduced.

That is great news, lets release this update asap. I flew the Evo 2 Pro for the first time this morning and felt the sticks were just crazy sensitive. Maybe a filming mode needs to be introduced.
There already are two you can try.

Screen on Ipad Mini 4 freezes and shows no colors
After installing Firmware 2.3.0 on my EVO 2 Pro I installed the Explorer app V1.5.9 Beta on my ipad mini 4 and went flying. Everything worked fine until I switched from movie to photo. The picture on the screen turned black and white and froze. Back to movie everything was fine again.

I suspected the Explorer app V1.5.9 Beta to be the culprit. I tried it with my iphone and the old Explorer version: same effect. Trying my Android tablet the same happened. Now I suspected the new firmware 2.3.0 to create the problems. I downloaded it again, installed it and everything is now ok. I will go flying, when the weather is better.

Hello skipper.

Try Duel Stability mode, Definitely smoother flight and smooth gimbal movements.

Once Evo 2 is launched, (hovering in air). Switch to Duel Stability mode, This mode is great for video shots.

Paul

Reactions: skipper1
Thanks, Paul. Weather says 2 more days of intermittent rain so Thursday morning looks like fly day. I will definitely be trying Duel Stability.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Don't forget you can now adjust more things to tame movements and sticks even in Manual Mode.

Reactions: skipper1
It was windy this morning but not too windy for the Evo 2. I just don’t like to fly a new aircraft in any wind until I feel comfortable.
This was a major difference. I flew Duel Stability I turned the yaw way down, roll still needs to come down some more. Accelerator needs some work. To me it’s like floor boarding your car every time you take off. I want to take off slower...backward too, I must be missing that adjustment.
Ascending and descending, I want to slow that down too. To me it takes off like a rocket and descends like a falling rock. Again, I might be missing some adjustments and I find myself just hovering looking for those adjustments. Overall the sticks performed much better and I think they need to be adjusted a little more.

Reactions: PingSpike
It was windy this morning but not too windy for the Evo 2. I just don’t like to fly a new aircraft in any wind until I feel comfortable.
This was a major difference. I flew Duel Stability I turned the yaw way down, roll still needs to come down some more. Accelerator needs some work. To me it’s like floor boarding your car every time you take off. I want to take off slower...backward too, I must be missing that adjustment.
Ascending and descending, I want to slow that down too. To me it takes off like a rocket and descends like a falling rock. Again, I might be missing some adjustments and I find myself just hovering looking for those adjustments. Overall the sticks performed much better and I think they need to be adjusted a little more.

The "Attitude" adjustment will limit the angle the drone tilts to; on direction changes it slows your horizontal acceleration.

Let me see if I understand. Say I am hovering and want to go forward, adjusting the attitude will keep the drone from tilting forward?
Where is the Attitude adjustment located?

Let me see if I understand. Say I am hovering and want to go forward, adjusting the attitude will keep the drone from tilting forward?
Where is the Attitude adjustment located?
It will limit the tilt (in any direction). Flight Control - Advanced Settings - Sensitivity. Try both ends of the range to see the difference.

OK, thanks for showing me that. I saw it earlier but honestly, I didn’t know what Attitude meant but makes perfect sense. I’m getting up early again tomorrow to go back out and fly and will be hitting the minus button on attitude.

Today was better than yesterday. Something Inoticed, after setting yaw I found it to be faster today with the same setting as yesterday and had to turn it down more. Doesn’t seem to be stable. Attitude is turned down to as low as it will go and is still too much.

The remote control is the most uncomfortable remote I have ever held. Those 2 little slippery, unfolding plastic sticks. It feels like it could jump right out of my sweaty hands at any moment.

Batter up, I just put some grippy tape on the handles. Nice and sticky now.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PingSpike
Today was better than yesterday. Something Inoticed, after setting yaw I found it to be faster today with the same setting as yesterday and had to turn it down more. Doesn’t seem to be stable. Attitude is turned down to as low as it will go and is still too much.

The remote control is the most uncomfortable remote I have ever held. Those 2 little slippery, unfolding plastic sticks. It feels like it could jump right out of my sweaty hands at any moment.

Batter up, I just put some grippy tape on the handles. Nice and sticky now.

Yes, they are (were) slippery; I wrapped mine with 3M rubber splicing tape. If you turned Attitude down all the way it should not be tilting very far in any direction?

Yes, they are (were) slippery; I wrapped mine with 3M rubber splicing tape. If you turned Attitude down all the way it should not be tilting very far in any direction?
Right, it isn’t tilting as far. I’m getting there thanks to your help. I’m looking for some stick extenders, I think that might help me. I’m a pincher and these sticks seem to be on the short side.

With the Beta iOS:

Gimbal speed adjustment does not work all the time.

Gimbal has no ramping out, letting off the wheel results in a abrupt stop of motion.

Yaw Speed adjustment overrides Precision Modes yaw degree per second setting making it inaccurate.

Histogram position reverts to top center.

Manual focus peaking reverts to off.

4k defaults to 60fps after being changed and then changing resolution.

Basically can't count on settings staying if you change something or reboot.

Can't see or adjust EV during a Mission.

Instead of just flying and getting the job done, one must constantly check every setting if something is changed or you start another flight.

Autel still has a lot of clean up to do.

Sent list to Autel, hope others forward their findings.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58