Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Fall Time Pano

Agustine, That's awesome, how is that done? Do you take a picture & load it to that website? or download an app?

For the Autel XSP do not use Raw\DNG photos as they contain no Exif information.
Using the free software ICE mentioned in the tutorial video works OK but not great. I use PanoramaStudio 2 Pro, not free but works as advertised.
When taking your photos use the grid lines option in camera settings. This helps line up your next shot. Remember you need over lap for best results.
When taking your photos think about a clock, start at 12 oclock and work your way around taking 8 over lapping photos at 90°
Then adjust your camera down to 45° (there is a indicator that shows your angle) and take another 8 photos in the same spots you did at 90°.
You then have to take two photos looking straight down but opposite each other.
So now you have 18 photos to import into your panorama program of choice.
When you have your 360 pano saved don't forget to go into the properties of the photo and make the camera changes as instructed in the video tutorial.
Additional meta info for the image properties:
Ricoh
Ricoh Theta S
Once you are finished following the the tutorial video you can upload your photo to facebook or to Kuula

Reactions: trustyone
Thank you for the information, it looks like that will be a winter project. It looks somewhat involved but the end product is sure cool, thanks again Agustine

Your welcome
Actually once you have done one or two it takes about 30 minutes to make. When I am out in the field I can now just look up and position the bird where the next shot should be without looking at the video screen. I find PanoramaStudio use's the EXIF info a lot better than ICE and aligns the photos much better. Keeping track of the number of photos is the hardest I find LOL getting old I tend to forget :)

Last edited:
That seems to be my problem too! Getting old and forgetting things. LOL Heres to all us old farts!

I tried using ICE. Didn't work with a crap. I did shoot everything in auto, so that
might have been part of the problem. I think PanoramaStudio 2 Pro has a trail
version I can try.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coastaldrone