Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Evo won’t Yaw to the right

Ben Pumpiner

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I bought my first Autel drone, an Evo, and I have a problem I’m hoping someone can help me with. I went through the initial set up on the drone and everything went fine, or so I thought. Calibrated the compass and the controller, installed the app, etc., So I took off on the first flight testing the controls and the drone will not yaw to the right. There’s a pretty substantial delay in elevation up and down, also, it yaws to the left fine. I recalibrated the controller about five times, reinstalled the app and started over from scratch, and the same thing happens. Takeoff and the drone will not yaw to the left. Has anybody else had this problem or can tell me how to fix it, or point me in the right direction??? I really don’t want to send it back if I don’t have to, any help would be appreciated, thanks, Ben

To me it sounds like a bad RC. I suggest you contact Autel and see if they have a solution that you can perform on your own.

Reactions: Tufargon
I agree with Ansia. If you calibrated everything and it won't go to the right it sounds like it has to be the RC stick. When you calibrate it, it should ask you to move the stick to the right during calibration. Does it? Definately sounds like a call to Autel.

Reactions: Ansia
Thanks guys. Yes, all of the blue calibration lines fill during calibration, and when full it exits the calibration program as it should. I’ve contacted Autel but crickets so far, four days.

call their support line, they do not respond to email consistently

Not that it might matter too much, but you also might want to double check that you are not in the 'Novice' mode where flight speeds are limited and the expo on all of the settings is highly limited to make sure you don't accidentally fly in an uncontrolled fashion. In the Explorer app, go to Settings -> Flight Control and check that Novice mode isn't toggled on. Also check under the advanced settings while there and make sure the EXP is zeroed out (straight line from lower left to upper right).

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials