Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New drone will not charge.

Jbro

Reaction score
I just bought a new Evo Nano + and I cannot get the drone battery to charge. Battery is blinking like it’s supposed to be but stays on one light and then switches to blinking 5 then 6. I don’t have a charger and am using the supplied cord to charge the battery in the drone itself. I’ve tried resetting the battery but with no success. Any suggestions?

I had the same problem with the Lite+. I put the battery in the drone and connected the remote, etc. When I put it back on the charger it worked.

i had the same problem with all the 3 batteries. after 30/40 minutes no charge on the drone, only one led blinking.. let us know if , leaving them overnight, the charge will be complete (i have still one battery in that condition, not yet charged.. in my case , then i charged 2 of the 3 batteries with the multiple adapter and it worked)

Just tried mine with a regular USB C plugged into the laptop. No charge.

Plugged it into the wall adapter and it worked.
Make sure you are using a device that can supply enough current.

Just tried mine with a regular USB C plugged into the laptop. No charge.

Plugged it into the wall adapter and it worked.
Make sure you are using a device that can supply enough current.

What kind of wall adapter did you use? The Autel one or other brand? I do have the same problem. A 30w wall adapter (Belkin) isn't working for me...

What kind of wall adapter did you use? The Autel one or other brand? I do have the same problem. A 30w wall adapter (Belkin) isn't working for me...
I used the Autel one with the provided C-C end.
Specs on the adapter:
USB-C: 5v-3A,9V-3A,12v-2.5A
USB-A: 5v-3A,9V-2A,12V-1.5
USB-C+: 5V-3.1A

I used the Autel one with the provided C-C end.
Specs on the adapter:
USB-C: 5v-3A,9V-3A,12v-2.5A
USB-A: 5v-3A,9V-2A,12V-1.5
USB-C+: 5V-3.1A

Thanks, I have the Autel one now. Drone doesn't charge the battery but with the hub it works fine. Looks like a bad connection inside the USB C connection in the drone. Have contacted Autel also.

Sorry, that doesn't sound promising. One final thought in hopes of avoiding you being without a drone... Have you tried a different USB cable?

I was able to charge using the supplied adapter and an alternate standard USB to USB-c cord.

I just bought a new Evo Nano + and I cannot get the drone battery to charge. Battery is blinking like it’s supposed to be but stays on one light and then switches to blinking 5 then 6. I don’t have a charger and am using the supplied cord to charge the battery in the drone itself. I’ve tried resetting the battery but with no success. Any suggestions?
I have the same issue. A cube charger didn't come with my drone. I separately bought an Autel cube charger, after one hour, no charge. I ordered a multi charger. I will get it this week. Incredibly frustrating.

I also cant charge the battery in the drone it self. Bad connection I think. Got the multicharger in the premium pack so that worked.
I cant also take the videos from the drone direct from the drone with the usb c to my pc. Think this port (at the drone) is bad.

Reactions: T.Manley
I also cant charge the battery in the drone it self. Bad connection I think. Got the multicharger in the premium pack so that worked.
I cant also take the videos from the drone direct from the drone with the usb c to my pc. Think this port (at the drone) is bad.

I also had the same problem. Bad connection in the drone is also my opinion. With the multicharger, no problems anymore.

But once charged the first time on the multiple charged also on the drone is possible
ok I will check that, for the pics and 4k videos I just use a cheap sd card reader usb, it takes just too long with the app to phone transver

edit: yes can confirm after the first charge on the multi, now I can charge the battery in the drone

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerrydrake
I have the same issue. A cube charger didn't come with my drone. I separately bought an Autel cube charger, after one hour, no charge. I ordered a multi charger. I will get it this week. Incredibly frustrating.
Looks, so far like it was shipped with a bad battery. I got another battery, and it seems to charge. The original battery still does not seem to charge. So far.

Like a lot of people here, my new drone battery would not charge on the drone slot (just one light, far left, blinking for hours and hours). I took a chance and bought the 3 battery multi charger by Autel from Amazon for about $52. The battery immediately started charging...and was fully charged in about 90 minutes. A properly charging battery shows light 1,2,3,4 blinking in sequence, then going solid over time as each segment gets charged. After that, the battery also seems to be charging inside the drone...as it should have done to begin with. I think some Autel batteries just need a kick in the a$$. Sucks to be out $52 extra, but better than boxing up and returning all the gear and hoping for an Ebay refund.

Like a lot of people here, my new drone battery would not charge on the drone slot (just one light, far left, blinking for hours and hours). I took a chance and bought the 3 battery multi charger by Autel from Amazon for about $52. The battery immediately started charging...and was fully charged in about 90 minutes. A properly charging battery shows light 1,2,3,4 blinking in sequence, then going solid over time as each segment gets charged. After that, the battery also seems to be charging inside the drone...as it should have done to begin with. I think some Autel batteries just need a kick in the a$$. Sucks to be out $52 extra, but better than boxing up and returning all the gear and hoping for an Ebay refund.
Thx

I had the same problem with the Autel evo nano+. I didn't want to buy an external charger or return it to the store. So, I dismantled the battery and charged 2 cells with an iMax B6 li-po charger directly. The voltage was below 2v, and had to bump it to 3.7 which is the lowest for charger to pick it up. The battery shell is held by 4 screws, and after removing them, I had to pry open the case. This was no easy job, but it worked.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials