Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New beta firmware available

The Evo has something similar to Realsense.
Similar to a point, not anywhere as advanced. With the Evo, during tracking you basically select if you want it to go above or around the obstacles, which is fine if you only have one (or one type) of obstacle. What happens if you have several different types of obstacles? The Evo can't do it (and believe me, I wish I could say it could as I'm an admitted Autel fanboy and proud of it). The Intel RealSense uses actual AI and decides for itself how it's going to get through or around an obstacle. If you haven't watched a video of it in action, check it out, it's really pretty amazing. I saw one video where it went through a tangle of bars, modern art and trees, it paused for a second and then blazed a path right through all of it without touching a thing. Pretty cool stuff.

Reactions: AtomX
Beta got rid of the 34mph speed option. Either 22mph or ludicrous. Beta works fine on my EVO. I'd like to know in detail what the camera IQ/exposure changes were to optimize it?

I wouldn't mind losing 34mph option if they dial in Ludicrous mode. Its dangerous and unstable. The Mavic Pro sport mode spoiled me.
I have never used the 34mph option, but if it's there, why take it out?

I wouldn't mind losing 34mph option if they dial in Ludicrous mode. Its dangerous and unstable. The Mavic Pro sport mode spoiled me.
Ive used it a few times, never had any problem with it personally, other than its just really fast making it a little squirrely.

Reactions: Ansia
Ive used it a few times, never had any problem with it personally, other than its just really fast making it a little squirrely.
It is squirrely and you can't feather the inputs for smooth flight like 34mph mode . Flying well over obstacles with low wind is fine in Ludicrous mode with some Alt loss and lack of climb out. Today I flew it FPV style in 12mph gusts along with Mavic Pro 1 not to blame the Evo its new but got stuck in a light dive many times mostly up wind. Ludicrous (made for fun only im sure) flight characteristics are not as refined like mavic pro sport. Evo 34mph mode is very nice and don't mind how much roll is mixed into yaw. Being more of a FPV fan I'd only give up 34mph for better Ludicrous or some tuning options. No ones perfect the mavic pro has a porpoise effect in sport but still has plenty of climb with full speed up to 40mph up or down wind although its power meter can shoot up with high amp draw warnings. Love the Evo 34mph mode to cruise high or low between obstacles by FPV, its solid as long as signal doesn't drop off. Using it only as a camera platform is great and im sure firware updates will aim towards that. Hope to see more flight characteristics updates its a capable bird and outshines the Mav pro where it counts.

It is squirrely and you can't feather the inputs for smooth flight like 34mph mode . Flying well over obstacles with low wind is fine in Ludicrous mode with some Alt loss and lack of climb out. Today I flew it FPV style in 12mph gusts along with Mavic Pro 1 not to blame the Evo its new but got stuck in a light dive many times mostly up wind. Ludicrous (made for fun only im sure) flight characteristics are not as refined like mavic pro sport. Evo 34mph mode is very nice and don't mind how much roll is mixed into yaw. Being more of a FPV fan I'd only give up 34mph for better Ludicrous or some tuning options. No ones perfect the mavic pro has a porpoise effect in sport but still has plenty of climb with full speed up to 40mph up or down wind although its power meter can shoot up with high amp draw warnings. Love the Evo 34mph mode to cruise high or low between obstacles by FPV, its solid as long as signal doesn't drop off. Using it only as a camera platform is great and im sure firware updates will aim towards that. Hope to see more flight characteristics updates its a capable bird and outshines the Mav pro where it counts.
That's why they gave users the EXP feature in flight controls - advanced settings, to dampen the sticks and help take away the effect you're referring to. As far as losing altitude in ludicrous mode, they talk about that in one of their videos. Basically to gain forward speed at that rate you're sacrificing upward power, with the Evo being a bit on the heavy side, it seems more noticable or amplified. It is universal with all drones, just less noticable with some. The Evo is programmed to regain any lost altitude once it slows or hovers.

Reactions: AtomX
I wonder why they would drop the 34 MPH speed?

Don't know, but there's only 2 options now for 'standard' flight modes.

answer: Obstacle Avoidance ...

It has been preached that Ludicrous mode -- no avoidance sensors are active - to be very very careful and not crash.

Has to do with GPS mode -- up to 22 mph -- Obstacle avoidance is suppose to function to certain degrees... anything over 22 mph and Obstacle avoidance is a no-go. It even somewhat mentions this in the app.

To my knowledge, there is a warning when selecting Ludicrous mode to this effect -- but no warning displayed when selecting 34 mph speed in the menu. I may be wrong, but I don't remember seeing a warning when I switched mine into 34 mph while flying one day.

34 mph should just be moved into the menu option you have to select into to select Ludicrous speed - not taken away.

But I agree if done away with altogether, I would rather see Ludicrous mode be refined/fixed with it's loosing altitude problems...

In a round about way -- all the specs and capabilities are mentioned in this video....

Last edited:
answer: Obstacle Avoidance ...

It has been preached that Ludicrous mode -- no avoidance sensors are active - to be very very careful and not crash.

Has to do with GPS mode -- up to 22 mph -- Obstacle avoidance is suppose to function to certain degrees... anything over 22 mph and Obstacle avoidance is a no-go. It even somewhat mentions this in the app
The 34mph speed isn't even shown in the list of options. It was there before and then would prompt me to turn off OA. I'll try turning off OA first then go into flight modes to see if the 34mph option is back

That's why they gave users the EXP feature in flight controls - advanced settings, to dampen the sticks and help take away the effect you're referring to. As far as losing altitude in ludicrous mode, they talk about that in one of their videos. Basically to gain forward speed at that rate you're sacrificing upward power, with the Evo being a bit on the heavy side, it seems more noticable or amplified. It is universal with all drones, just less noticable with some. The Evo is programmed to regain any lost altitude once it slows or hovers.
I agree but only see yaw expo, where is pitch/roll ? Speaking of firmware. Autel, maybe if we had control over breaking power in Ludicrous mode. Maybe the Evo breaks can be applied more gradually while pilot reduces pitch or roll input. The Evo could have its own dynamic soft breaks working to keep the weight balanced. It brakes too soon when backing off pitch in forward flight. It needs to glide more while relaxing pitch or roll. Then brake hard at center stick. Get rid of 34mph give us control over brakes in Ludicrous mode without sensors and lower it to 40 maybe use the extra 5mph for climbing at full forward pitch. Expert mode of some kind would be nice. For taking nice photos and videos its great as is keep 34mph and update the cam and image transmition performance, no NFZ. Some may want fast smooth shots. Then allow 2nd remote to control the camera while pilot cruises in any direction pitch and or roll.

But I agree if done away with altogether, I would rather see Ludicrous mode be refined/fixed with it's loosing altitude problems...

Both 34 and Ludicrous mode will lose altitude in a headwind. Why cant Autel fix this? DJI simply crank up the power so it doesnt go into a dive. Is their battery not good enough? Weak ESCs ? It could end badly if the wind is strong enough.

Dual remote is a welcomed feature. Mavic 1 had it, DJI promised/renegged it for Mavic 2. Go figure..

The need to keep the 34 mph. I use it all the time. I feel the need for speed??. But ludicrous sucks.....the battery??

Both 34 and Ludicrous mode will lose altitude in a headwind. Why cant Autel fix this? DJI simply crank up the power so it doesnt go into a dive. Is their battery not good enough? Weak ESCs ? It could end badly if the wind is strong enough.

Dual remote is a welcomed feature. Mavic 1 had it, DJI promised/renegged it for Mavic 2. Go figure..

Beta got rid of the 34mph speed option. Either 22mph or ludicrous. Beta works fine on my EVO. I'd like to know in detail what the camera IQ/exposure changes were to optimize it?

Here's what I see:

I have upgraded to BETA firmware - yes - but still using same Android App v1.0.1.8 I was asked to sign up for BETA firmware and install/working with Autel with a problem I am having with my Gimbal - and as soon as I signed up -- it let me download. Installed fine. Certain errors were resolved, but I do continue having a problem with the Gimbal and waiting on a response from Autel as of course this is recent.

3725So, I was looking in the menu and the 34 mph is still there?

So, everything on my setup as far as Flight Control does not look to have changed. This may be due to the upcoming APP upgrade?

When selecting precision, I get a pop-up about EXP matching... These are the speeds shown for Precision...

This is the pop-up when entering Ludicrous mode. Tapping Close reveals the next screen...

And as I suspected - there is NO pop-up warning about anything when selecting 34 mph. Per specs... the avoidance sensors would not function past 20 mph.

Lastly, I do see a the dual-control option setup.

So I am curious what is changing here myself....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190311-000427.png
    Screenshot_20190311-000427.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 8
The more I hear about the Typhoon H the more I want one. I'm totally digging Intel Realsense... I wish the Evo was compatible with the RS module.

Edit: Although if im remembering correctly they're worse than DJI with the geofencing, altitude restrictions and NFZs. But that wouldn't be a deal breaker, that's why i have an Evo.

I've never had any NFZ issues with my H. The problem with the new H (which I don't have) is the camera is kind of dodgy from what I've read. If you don't need the real sense module you can pick them up from time to time for about 400 bucks. That's a lot of drone for that cost.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xander0791