Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Autel lite plus firmware

TopGun76

Reaction score
Today I had new firmware for my drone...I live in Hungary...

Last edited:
Hi, there is an update but doen not seem to load by itself

same here, i see it does detects new firmware, but it will not download it.

Y
Someone was able to do the update using the app apk mobile but i dont know where he got it

Autel "seems" to have made updating the firmware SkyApp based. Know the last firmware required it.

Issue is - no new SkyApp on at least Google Store - so no updating till then.

Sent Autel an email as their phone "hell" system does not function.

What is going on with Autel and their seemingly lack of care / concern to ALL of it's drone owners. Have they just dropped the prosumer market and leaving us to just give up and move to another drone company?

Y
Someone was able to do the update using the app apk mobile but i dont know where he got it
How? The webpage which is cryptic on the Autel website has not ability to download the file. There is nothing but a link to either Apple or Google - but no new SkyApp on Google as I tried it. Uninstalled the version I had and installed the one on Google yesterday and exact same version as what I had.

How? The webpage which is cryptic on the Autel website has not ability to download the file. There is nothing but a link to either Apple or Google - but no new SkyApp on Google as I tried it. Uninstalled the version I had and installed the one on Google yesterday and exact same version as what I had.
Hi, Was on the Autel owners group facebook page ask how he did it but no answer, i love my lite + the camera is amazing, if Autel could do a bit more they couls be a legit dji opponenet

Hi, Was on the Autel owners group facebook page ask how he did it but no answer, i love my lite + the camera is amazing, if Autel could do a bit more they couls be a legit dji opponenet
Seems the Apple Store has the new SkyApp to download the firmware, but just checked the Google Store and old version - so a waiting game for when it's available.

Seems Autel has moved a different direction - per emails from a couple of months ago. Prosumer drones are done in their eyes, only enterprise from here on out. Seems the "Lite" was last Autel prosumer drone in the pipeline.

Several other drone makers like SkyDio & Parrot have bailed as well, so DJI may be the only real player very soon. You can buy Holystone, Fimi, Exo, Swellspro; but they don't meet many of my requirements even as a rec flyer. The Swellpro is cool in that it's water resistant / proof - but that's really it's only advantage to me.

The Apple App store (iOS version) updated the Sky app late yesterday afternoon and the upgrade for the Nano+ completed normally. Will try the Lite+ today.

I live in the US. Last night I checked to see if there was a Sky app update on Google Play. There was an update. After installing and launching the app I was prompted for a firmware update to my Lite+. That firmware update was finicky. Every few minutes I would get a pop-up that the update had failed. But I just closed that message and hit the update firmware again. The download continued where it left off. I had to do that about 10 times before it finished downloading. It installed successfully. I recalibrated the IMU, compass and gimbal, then took the drone for a spin. Everything worked fine and I saw no new features or notable fixes. I'm not really sure what this updated did.

When I launched my drone for a second time I was notified of a battery firmware update. It updated without issue. Now I just have to do my other 2 batteries.

Reactions: Strydr
Autel "seems" to have made updating the firmware SkyApp based. Know the last firmware required it.

Issue is - no new SkyApp on at least Google Store - so no updating till then.

Sent Autel an email as their phone "hell" system does not function.

What is going on with Autel and their seemingly lack of care / concern to ALL of it's drone owners. Have they just dropped the prosumer market and leaving us to just give up and move to another drone company?
Autel is a shell of itself for the consumer market. No choice but to buy DJI. I just bought a Lite+ and it's totally unreliable. You just can't trust the drone in the air.

I also never had a problem with my lite plus... it even went for a dive into a river a month ago, was in 3 feet of water for maybe two minutes and after I dried it out is operating 100% (drone, gimbal and camera). Sure I was lucky but the image quality this drone delivers is very good for the price I think.

must Have been done because the problems i and others have had, still trying to get them to replace it.

Autel is a shell of itself for the consumer market. No choice but to buy DJI. I just bought a Lite+ and it's totally unreliable. You just can't trust the drone in the air.
I've owned 2 Lite+'s. The first one crashed because of several things happening at once in a very tight space to land and it clipped a tree limb. Autel would not repair it due to landing in about 2 inches of water. Even though it was still working afterwards. I understand the no repair part (did not have Autel Care) as water and electronics do not mix well and hard to warranty something afterwards.

I bought another Lite+ from a guy on eBay and had zero issues for over 6 months. Updated the firmware and most everything worked fine. Issue was with RTH had a 1 in 10 flights of not returning actually to home and the landing spot could be 10-30 ft away from "zero" which did not happen any other time. Then it was auto landing due to low battery and when that happens control goes into ATTI Mode or no GPS stabilization. Clipped a tree limb and tumbled to the ground - breaking only the gimbal mount.

Got with Autel finally after several emails to send in for repair. Been there over a week and no communication with the Repair Facility. I did email Autel Support and got a response on Monday that it was being checked over by engineers. 5 days later and still no comm from engineers / repair facility.

Things with Autel USA and their customer support went sideways about 6 months ago when Ken Booth left Autel for a 2nd time. Ken was trying to create a top notch customer support system here in the US and was very responsive to FB pages / etc when things popped up. Guess Autel USA felt CS was a low priority and Ken left.

With all that - some people state they have had great CS since Ken left and emails were answered in hours, not days. Even the 1-800 "WAS" working. Sadly, that has not been my experience over the last2 weeks. I've called the 1-800 and it eventually disconnects after going around in a circle. Emails can take 2-3 days if they even answer them at all. Those email responses seem to come from China was well - as the language if the email is not American / English; but like from English as a 2nd language person - like Chinese people.

Disappointed as I'm a big fan of Autel - as the Lite+ is a great drone. That is the consensus of well over 90% of owners. I don't follow the Nano that much, but the owners of them seem pretty happy. As with anything else - there are lemons and Autel, DJI, SkyDio, Parrot, EXO, and others are not exempt. Yet, Autel needs to do better since WE BOUGHT their drones with an expectation of service when needed. Those who claim DJI is better - yes to some degree, but they are not all that and a bag of chips either. I own a couple of DJI's and when needed support - less than stellar. It's great to hear people say they receive excellent care thru Autel or DJI; but when we have not great experiences - we wonder what went wrong. That's a question only Autel / DJI can answer.

Autel support is a joke, 2 months now since I reported the problem. Which funny enough was about available battery life. I lost the craft because it ran out of power in 10 minutes after starting a flight with a fully charged battery. I see a firmware update that maybe based around this issue but still no joy out of them. In the meantime I purchased a DJI mini pro 3 it actually has been a great craft not one isdue

Hello everyone
anyone knows where can I download the latest version of Firmware 1.9.9 I cannot find it anywhere

Thanks

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan