Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Addition To The Family

Strange they used the older MP instead of the current Mavic Air, which it is closer to. They appeared to be pretty equal. The way the footage is collected makes a huge difference in the colors so you can't really go by that, you know what I am saying.

Got to play around with the updated FlightData Manager today. It is kind of like Dashware. Had some problems with the update but working with the guy who made it he had them worked out in a few hours. Thanks to Kenth Fuglsang Jensen for answering my email about the problem I was having with his program and for him to have a fix shortly after was truly amazing.
Thank You Sir.
Before anyone says hey your horizon is tilted, why yes it is. I just forgot to level it out. Needed video to test and learn FlightData Manager and this is what I came home with.
If you have ever used Dashware or RaceRender you will catch on fast with this program. Actually a lot easier I thought. On the programs web site there a known problem with Virbedit, one is the video format (not showing up) and the other is the actual Virbedit to use. I used the newest one and I guess pitch and roll gauges are not working so you need to download and install version 5.1.3 located here. Dropbox - Error
One of the free programs you can use is Avidemux. I have used it in the past on my Yuneec CGO3 camera MP4 files as they will not show up in certain programs. It is very fast and works perfectly on VirbEdit. Just open video file in Avidemux, use AVIMuxer as the video output and save it to a folder.
All the spikes on the speed graph is related to a problem with speed is not reported correctly by the Parrot server, so the FlightData Manager calculates the speed based on latitude and longitude for every single second in the log, as a workaround, and this is not super accurate, hopefully Parrot fixes this soon.
I am not to happy with the EIS for the 3rd axis stabilization but hopefully Parrot can fine tune it in a firmware update. Other then that this thing is a blast :)
Here was my test video for today:

Reactions: Goober
I'm hoping you like it Agustine and i'm eager to see you post more vids.

Two things so far that bugs me is the EIS for the 3rd axis stabilization, not as smooth as it could be. The spark suffers from it also. The other thing is the layout of the App. I have to keep looking for the settings I want for the camera. They call it Pro mode to change the settings but it hard to find sometimes. Hate waisting battery time looking for stuff. LOL That will come in time. It is so small and looks like it will break if you look at it sideways but it is built pretty good. I guess to get to 320 grams it has to look like a toy but it is not. Some of us are 3D printing rings to fit for ND filters as there is only one china crap company making them. PolarPro said they will look into it and I suspect Freewell will jump on board also. Right now I am using my CGO3 ND filters. Had to add a dab of hot glue at 4 different places to make a snug fit but they now slide on and off and work good. More testing is needed. It fly very well with out GPS. Veery stable in the house. Had it out at the railway tunnel this morning. Slow going through it but more stable then the X-Star was.

Eva and I saw the light at the end of the tunnel so we had to go there. How about flying through an abandoned rail tunnel? No GPS on phone or UAV. How cool is that!? An unusual tunnel in basically the middle of nowhere carved out of the rock. From an old abandoned railway. Called the Flett Tunnel.
Used now by logging companies the rails are long gone. In the winter time large icicles hang from the top part of the tunnel. Very cool place.

oPNthuD.jpg

Reactions: Bace14
Very cool! Was waiting for a pan up view inside, but then remembered your flying conditions. Would be interesting to have some flashlights pointing to ceiling as you fly through.

And I refrained from any "light-at-the-end-of-tunnel" jokes... LOL :rolleyes:

Ya I was pretty nervous flying inside not knowing just how it was going to react. I was just hoping that a big old logging truck was not coming from the other end :)

I had mentioned in another post about some bugs that need to be worked out in the App. The way point mission and follow me are paid options. The follow me works 100%. It uses tracking, GPS and barometer. Something Autel and DJI does not do. The way point mission planner on the other hand works to a point. It has options to take a picture at a way point along with video, it has a 360 degree option, a pause and camera angle all of which doe not work. Each way point has a edit icon. If you hit that the App crashes. Lots to work out on the App. As you can see Autel is not the only one who is having problems :) In time these should all be worked out.

In this video I had the speed set way down to 3M\S so it is a slow moving Anafi for sure. The only thing I controlled was the camera angle. Setting this in the App does not work. On the way to the second last way point I ended up hitting RTH as it was just moving so slow :) By hitting RTH was a good test to see just how close it would come to where it took off from. At the end of the video you can see it was off by at least two feet.

Learning more and more about this little bird and what it can do. Just amazing for something this small.
The waypoint mission planner is pretty much the same as the Bebop planner and this guy explains it perfectly. Now I have a better understanding of how it all works. I can see having fun with this.

Another telemetry data over lay using the updated FlightData Manager Version 4.0.5: 2018/07/21:
* Speed for Anafi smoothed to minimize spikes and peaks for calculated speed. It has been improved very much. Very easy to use compared to other programs like Dashware.

Two things so far that bugs me is the EIS for the 3rd axis stabilization, not as smooth as it could be. The spark suffers from it also. The other thing is the layout of the App. I have to keep looking for the settings I want for the camera. They call it Pro mode to change the settings but it hard to find sometimes. Hate waisting battery time looking for stuff. LOL That will come in time. It is so small and looks like it will break if you look at it sideways but it is built pretty good. I guess to get to 320 grams it has to look like a toy but it is not. Some of us are 3D printing rings to fit for ND filters as there is only one china crap company making them. PolarPro said they will look into it and I suspect Freewell will jump on board also. Right now I am using my CGO3 ND filters. Had to add a dab of hot glue at 4 different places to make a snug fit but they now slide on and off and work good. More testing is needed. It fly very well with out GPS. Veery stable in the house. Had it out at the railway tunnel this morning. Slow going through it but more stable then the X-Star was.

Eva and I saw the light at the end of the tunnel so we had to go there. How about flying through an abandoned rail tunnel? No GPS on phone or UAV. How cool is that!? An unusual tunnel in basically the middle of nowhere carved out of the rock. From an old abandoned railway. Called the Flett Tunnel.
Used now by logging companies the rails are long gone. In the winter time large icicles hang from the top part of the tunnel. Very cool place.

oPNthuD.jpg

Very cool! There is literally light at the end of the tunnel! Lol So much for LoS, but that was quite a chance. Very well done! Cheers

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d