Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Nano+ sudden indoor lurch and crash

aryehb

Reaction score
I tried a hover test. I took off indoors and wanted to see how long the battery lasts.
I've done this with the Mini 2 and the first thing I noticed was that the Nano is much less stable. I keeps moving around and won't stay in one place.
By lowering it I was able to keep it stable. For over 10 minutes it hovered and barely moved.
At around 20% the drone suddenly lurched up and back and I couldn't take back control fast enough (even though the controller was in my hand).
It flew up and back and hit the wall behind it and then fell to the floor.
The battery fell out and two props were damaged. I had to turn off the battery manually, replaced the props and all seems fine.
The battery seemed hot, not sure if this was the problem.

This really scares me, makes me lose faith in this drone. If it can suddenly lurch and crash, will it happen when outside and high in the air?

Last edited:
? indoors and no GPS so ATI mode....but when outdoors I would presume you would healthy GPS locks and thus, have a more stable flight. just speculating

I tried a hover test. I took off indoors and wanted to see how long the battery lasts.
I've done this with the Mini 2 and the first thing I noticed was that the Nano is much less stable. I keeps moving around and won't stay in one place.
By lowering it I was able to keep it stable. For over 10 minutes it hovered and barely moved.
At around 20% the drone suddenly lurched up and back and I couldn't take back control fast enough (even though the controller was in my hand).
It flew up and back and hit the wall behind it and then fell to the floor.
The battery fell out and two props were damaged. I had to turn off the battery manually, replaced the props and all seems fine.
The battery seemed hot, not sure if this was the problem.

This really scares me, makes me lose faith in this drone. If it can suddenly lurch and crash, will it happen when outside and high in the air?

It says at the top left of your screen "No GPS". So you were in ATTI mode.

Atti mode, it reacted properly. I fly indoors with my DJI drones but I’m locked onto them. I know what happened to you can happen so my mind is ready to react. I should have said hover not fly but it is risky hovering/flying indoors so be prepared and react with precision.

This is one drone that I definitely never attempt to fly indoors. This thing has no functionality that’s useable when it can’t directly see the open sky.

Reactions: earthskyvisuals

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy