Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

MY EVO 2 Crash in the Sea.

Seejake, just to set the record straight, my drone loss in water was a Yuneec Typhoon H. It was a totally avoidable mistake on my part. I launched it with a full battery that was VERY cold (freezing, a problem you won't have in Miami). The voltage dropped so fast, it auto-landed in the water before I could get it back home. My EVO II has been very dependable. I fly it over water without worries.
My evo so far has been good as well, but I still worry. You read about the drones acting up sometimes, especially after firmware updates and it makes me worry. so far I've been lucky but one time I did put it up and it acted a little wild at first. Which made me worry. I tested it really good to make sure the drone was under my control before I continued. You can be the best pilot in the world but we are still at the mercy of the software and unfortunately at times there are software glitches. The best we can hope for is that if there is a glitch, it's a small glitch that we can overcome. But you never know!! If they are offering 50% I would take it. Like someone said it's better than nothing. I have a yuneec as well it never gave me problems yet. Its a solid drone. Good luck

My evo so far has been good as well, but I still worry. You read about the drones acting up sometimes, especially after firmware updates and it makes me worry. so far I've been lucky but one time I did put it up and it acted a little wild at first. Which made me worry. I tested it really good to make sure the drone was under my control before I continued. You can be the best pilot in the world but we are still at the mercy of the software and unfortunately at times there are software glitches. The best we can hope for is that if there is a glitch, it's a small glitch that we can overcome. But you never know!! If they are offering 50% I would take it. Like someone said it's better than nothing. I have a yuneec as well it never gave me problems yet. Its a solid drone. Good luck
But that's not my side problem even fly got the problem automatically also you saw log file if DJI drone same issue they change new drone my point is very important service quality and quality product.
EVO2 much expensive than DJI but Service quality much low than DJI.

Sure, on this one, Dji is unbeatable. BUT Dji's percentage of sales allows it, he doesn't risk much of a loss.
Proof, in June, I planted the Mavic 2 Pro in a tree.
It was entirely my fault, when I took off I climbed too quickly and did not see the tree branches above which protrude a little too much. The Mavic got caught in it, tried to get out but eventually tipped over and fell to the ground. Assessment, a broken arm, the split hull and a slightly scratched engine.
So entirely my fault and unforgivable.
Return the device to service in the Netherlands for repair. Repair service email: We cannot repair your device, for 119 €, we will send you a new device. Case concluded, 8 days later, I received a new Mavic.
Who can do better and faster?
DSC00001-600.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: parkgt
I'm really sorry about that you crash with your drone.
In my case crash automatically I haven't control myself.

No, New in its sealed and cellophane box with a new serial number to register.
On the Mavic, there were still all the protections on the propeller arms and the sensors.

Yes autel company building is very big building but service is really very lowest only make focus selling with drone.

Nobody has been talking about this, but there is another issue that can cause erratic behavior and crashes. I recall that when you take a drone to a new location some distance from your previous flight, or when when you fly the drone after not flying for some time, or you install new firmware, or you have a new unit, it takes 10-12 minutes for the GPS almanac to update. If GPS and compass don't agree, the drone can fly VERY badly. Just because the drone says that it can see X number of satellites, that doesn't mean it has finished downloading all the necessary information. I've experienced this and do not wish it on anyone. Moral of the story; if in doubt, start the drone but don't fly for 10 minutes or so to make sure the GPS almanac is up-to-date. Use that time to check all your flight and camera settings and plan your flight.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy