Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Multi-battery charger from Autel at CES

Thinking this could be a better $ choice than what I see in CES
Totally agree. The one I purchased has performed flawlessly, and appears to be very well made. Another plus - it also provides two other USB charging ports, allowing three batteries, the RC, and a tablet or phone to be charged, all at the same time. Darn thing even has a built-in cooling fan.

Reactions: Cyberjunkie
Totally agree. The one I purchased has performed flawlessly, and appears to be very well made. Another plus - it also provides two other USB charging ports, allowing three batteries, the RC, and a tablet or phone to be charged, all at the same time. Darn thing even has a built-in cooling fan.
One positive of the Autel is that it can use the car charger with the multi for the ultimate field experience. With the other an inverter would be needed and that I don't like.

On my part I prefer to pay more and have a multicharger that will not void my waranty. Also price wise if you look at dji that brought out an rc with a display that is way overprice considered that autel as one integrated in the rc and that is included with the drone. And i will pay what it will be for the autel multicharger and be sure it will not void my drone waranty.

On my part I prefer to pay more and have a multicharger that will not void my waranty. Also price wise if you look at dji that brought out an rc with a display that is way overprice considered that autel as one integrated in the rc and that is included with the drone. And i will pay what it will be for the autel multicharger and be sure it will not void my drone waranty.
Agree

Also, if you look at the CES video they also have a micro SD card port on the multi charger. This will, and this is just a gamble, i believe for updating all your batteries firmware at the same time. even at 100$, although agreed would be steep, would be a decent value for that convenience and keeping your warranty valid.

Also, if you look at the CES video they also have a micro SD card port on the multi charger. This will, and this is just a gamble, i believe for updating all your batteries firmware at the same time. even at 100$, although agreed would be steep, would be a decent value for that convenience and keeping your warranty valid.
I sure hope you're right on this. I would like to see this gadget hit the market REEL SOON NOW. <grin> This alone makes me glad my "work-around" charger cost so little.

Correction to my last post, I just saw a youtube video about the multi charger. It does charge sequentially, but slightly different than the offering from DJI. It will charge a battery to 80%, then move on to the next battery while still topping up the first one simultaneously. It will use your existing charger "brick" and the lead from that charger plugs into the multi charger at the bottom of the base. The reason for sequential charging is because the OEM charger only puts out so many watts of power. To run 4 batteries in parallel would actually take longer than running them one at a time. Not to mention the battery chemistry behind Li-Po has an optimal current to charge so running far too low of a current would cause more harm than good. On a final note, they could theoretically just include a new AC/DC Converter that outputs far higher wattage to charge all 4 at the same time, but I imagine the size of that would grow. Maybe someone that has one of those aftermarket modded DJI Mavic chargers could chime in and let us know if that charger will charge all 4 batteries in the same time as the OEM Charger. If it takes much longer than it's merely splitting the current 4 ways in parallel. Looking at the photo of it online the case does state the same output current as the OEM charger so without me having one, I could only assume this is the case.

Maybe someone that has one of those aftermarket modded DJI Mavic chargers could chime in and let us know if that charger will charge all 4 batteries in the same time as the OEM Charger.
My aftermarket charger seems to charge all three of my batteries just as fast as the factory charger does a single one. Not having timed this for precise comparison, I'm not gonna declare absolute equal charging time, but any dif would be less than five minutes. Sure is nice to "get 'er dun" in one fell swoop.

For full disclosure, I never let my batteries drop below 15%, so that's the common starting point.

Correction to my last post, I just saw a youtube video about the multi charger. It does charge sequentially, but slightly different than the offering from DJI. It will charge a battery to 80%, then move on to the next battery while still topping up the first one simultaneously. It will use your existing charger "brick" and the lead from that charger plugs into the multi charger at the bottom of the base. The reason for sequential charging is because the OEM charger only puts out so many watts of power. To run 4 batteries in parallel would actually take longer than running them one at a time. Not to mention the battery chemistry behind Li-Po has an optimal current to charge so running far too low of a current would cause more harm than good. On a final note, they could theoretically just include a new AC/DC Converter that outputs far higher wattage to charge all 4 at the same time, but I imagine the size of that would grow. Maybe someone that has one of those aftermarket modded DJI Mavic chargers could chime in and let us know if that charger will charge all 4 batteries in the same time as the OEM Charger. If it takes much longer than it's merely splitting the current 4 ways in parallel. Looking at the photo of it online the case does state the same output current as the OEM charger so without me having one, I could only assume this is the case.

Which video on youtube you saw? original dobo(Ken)at CES told me it charges all at the same time balance! Anyway me i charge all my batteries at night on the multi charger and the morning good to go!

Last edited:
Just to be clear - DJI doesn't make a multi-charger. Those that are available are all aftermarket.

(At least that is my direct experience to this point. Sold all my Digi stuff several months ago and don't check into that blog anymore, so I might be behind the times.)

But they do make a Charging hub..
air hub.jpg

According to Autel support as of yesterday, it's still in development with no release date.

I just want a charging cable made so I can use it with my Venom quad charger. I use it with all of my other drones, it would be nice to use it for my EVO as well.

IMHO I’m going to say it’s sequential charging or they are dropping the C rate to work with the same or similar power supply to charge simultaneously.. The current single charger is only capable of .75C charging so it’s power supply is approx. 40 watts (36.75w) or 3 amp 12v supply. To charge 4 at the same rate would be a 12 amp supply and the one shown at the show Does not look big enough to be a 12a supply. I might be wrong but let’s see what speed they can charge 4 batteries at the same time.
My Graupner Polaron EX-1400 has a 24v 27a power supply (5.7 amp 120v supply) it’s huge so I can charge 2 batteries at 5C rate).

Time will tell.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials