Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Moverio BT35E

I am in Central Florida, I contacted the local building inspectors and the facilities directors of the surrounding cities and the Space Center. Buildings around here are getting old and showing signs of wear and cracks high up, especially buildings close to the ocean, getting damaged from salt in the air. Ladders and scaffolding often don't reach and Inspection companies don't want to pay for the training required to get their inspectors certified (part 107) and buy drones themselves. Radio and Cell towers have the names of the companies that own or maintain them so I contacted the maintenance companies and offered my services. Once I did one area antenna, the word spread about how I saved time and cost of someone climbing the tower to inspect. The first radio tower I did was 2,100 feet and took 6 minutes for me to go up, over the top and down the other side. I had a receiver on my SUV with a 35" TV inside that the inspector watched. I also recorded the flight. For the inspector to climb the tower to find the source of the outage and do the repair would have taken him about 6 hours. He spotted the problem on the TV at the 300' point and knew he only had to go up 300' and he knew what equipment and part to take with him. I sell the time saving and safety issue with reducing climb distance and need to carry excessive equipment and parts.

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
I am in Central Florida, I contacted the local building inspectors and the facilities directors of the surrounding cities and the Space Center. Buildings around here are getting old and showing signs of wear and cracks high up, especially buildings close to the ocean, getting damaged from salt in the air. Ladders and scaffolding often don't reach and Inspection companies don't want to pay for the training required to get their inspectors certified (part 107) and buy drones themselves. Radio and Cell towers have the names of the companies that own or maintain them so I contacted the maintenance companies and offered my services. Once I did one area antenna, the word spread about how I saved time and cost of someone climbing the tower to inspect. The first radio tower I did was 2,100 feet and took 6 minutes for me to go up, over the top and down the other side. I had a receiver on my SUV with a 35" TV inside that the inspector watched. I also recorded the flight. For the inspector to climb the tower to find the source of the outage and do the repair would have taken him about 6 hours. He spotted the problem on the TV at the 300' point and knew he only had to go up 300' and he knew what equipment and part to take with him. I sell the time saving and safety issue with reducing climb distance and need to carry excessive equipment and parts.
that's awesome; makes me want to get my 107.

Around here that is a requirement, they won't give you the work if you don't have a part 107.

I also posted this answer in another thread but it is applicable here too.

The other thread advised that I needed to use the HDMI cable and Power Pack. So, I got the HDMI cable and a power pack. Got a great image right away. But then the dilemma was how do I handle all the cables and boxes? First try was Moverio Interface unit clipped on my belt, power pack in my pocket, live Deck in the opposite pocket (half sticking out and dropped once). Needed to find a way to group them all together in a single solution.

So, I began a search at the local Home Depot and found a Husky Belt Clip Storage Pouch for $8. Took the antennas off the Live deck, put holes in the pouch using a soldering iron to melt through the plastic and nylon fabric, put the Live Deck in with antenna screws sticking out and put antennas back on. Put holes in the other side of the pouch to line up with the HDMI outlet and the charging port. Then put a power pack on top of that with it's charge lights visible through the pastic, pushed to the left side so the lights of the Live Deck were visible through the clear portion, power button can be pushed through the plastic. Short Power Pack cable comes out the top and charging port is reachable. The interface Unit clips to the top edge of the pouch and the cable for glasses, HDMI cable and power cable are attached with excess wire stuffed into the pouch, just need to not plug the power pack in until ready to use. The closing cover is tucked into the pouch behind Interface unit. All nice and clean and attached to my belt in one spot, pretty light overall. Controller is not attached to anything and can be set down and walked away from without pulling it to the ground. It has my iPhone attached with velcro to the old iPad mount below the controls so it is all easy to see and maneuver below the glasses.

One question: I use the dark shield on sunny days, but it is too dark to see thru effectively. Has anyone found a medium dark sheild or can one be fashioned out of medium sunglasses or something else? Does anyone make a medium shield...Epson told me they do not have anything else, just clear and dark.

See attached pictures:

View attachment 9678View attachment 9679View attachment 9680View attachment 9681
I noted that you have Velcro on the nose of your EVO 2, perhaps for a strobe? In any event, my point is simply to make you aware that the GPS unit is also housed around that same location and potentially could disrupt your GPS signal if a strobe were added to the Velcro. You might consider relocating the Velcro further back just before the top VO sensors. This was recommended to me by Autel engineers. Thank you for sharing the pictures of your set-up, as I use the BT 300 without the Live Deck. Your post has helped put this concept into perspective. Do you happen to experience any video lag or stutter in the video feed?

Has anyone tried the new Moverio BT35E with the EVO 2? Looks like a great solution with the non-DJI interface unit. I didn't want to be the first to shell out $800 in case it doesn't work.

View attachment 9575
Hi, I haven't been able to directly connect my BT-35e glasses to the Autel controller. I spent hours trying. However, I now have two different methods that work. The first is the obvious use of Live Deck that I have connected to the 2200nits Feelworld FW279 7" monitor that has an HDMI output. The second method is to use iPad Mini 5 Screen mirroring (or Android Miracast) to wirelessly go to a $20 AnyCast device. Initial setup is a PITA, but once figured out the wireless connection to the glasses is solid. Hopes this helps.

Regards,
Richard

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58