Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Moverio BT35E

DikoB

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the new Moverio BT35E with the EVO 2? Looks like a great solution with the non-DJI interface unit. I didn't want to be the first to shell out $800 in case it doesn't work.

Moverio BT35E.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 10.02.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 10.02.24 PM.png
    1,013.6 KB · Views: 9
Has anyone tried the new Moverio BT35E with the EVO 2? Looks like a great solution with the non-DJI interface unit. I didn't want to be the first to shell out $800 in case it doesn't work.

View attachment 9575
Yes I use the bt35 with the live deck. this way you're able to use your smart device with the controller as well as having a heads up display right in your eyes. Works great, no lag.

Thanks for that! I'll order one tomorrow.

So, I was hoping to just use the on-controller image for that view and not have to spend another $500 for the live deck...and reduce the weight of the controller module for quick access to my equipment on a quick job (I'm shooting 3 to 4 aerial jobs a day). Have you tried connecting to just the controller before you hooked up to the live deck?

OK, that answers that issue. Thank You. Do you feel like it makes enough difference for you to be worth the investment?

I think it depends on your usage. If you were doing something like real estate photography then likely no it will not be an advantage. For mapping it allows me to always keep the drone view in my site while it flies its patterns.
For inspection I feel it is a critical tool.

Reactions: RPM
Thank you, that's the answer I was looking for! Although 2/3 of my work is real estate, the rest is roof, building and radio tower inspections(and a few yacht sales videos following the yacht underway).

Reactions: RPM
I've been mirroring from my note 8 to the BT300 glasses
works great
no lag
originally tried to mirror to an ISO device and just would not work
epson support couldn't even figure out

Will it work from ipad pro off usbc ? Can’t really find a good answer to whether this has dp alt mode ! Enjoy using skyview goggles with the nvidia k1, but would be nice not to have to lift them up all the time and use them with both tablets, especially if usbc would power the goggles too !

So, just to make sure I am doing this right, I got the BT-35e glasses, and the Live Deck. Connected all together. I have the live deck hanging from a lanyard in front of me so the antennas mostly face the drone and it is all separate from my controller. What I see through the glasses is just the camera image...not the controls, camera settings, etc. that are on my iPad or on the controller screen. Is that correct? I'll probably go to a smaller monitor or phone just to reduce weight on controller since I no longer need the big screen monitor for capturing the details but still able to operate the camera settings etc. BTW, amazing view and brighter than I expected in the bright Florida sun. I wear a hat to keep out the side glare.

So, just to make sure I am doing this right, I got the BT-35e glasses, and the Live Deck. Connected all together. I have the live deck hanging from a lanyard in front of me so the antennas mostly face the drone and it is all separate from my controller. What I see through the glasses is just the camera image...not the controls, camera settings, etc. that are on my iPad or on the controller screen. Is that correct? I'll probably go to a smaller monitor or phone just to reduce weight on controller since I no longer need the big screen monitor for capturing the details but still able to operate the camera settings etc. BTW, amazing view and brighter than I expected in the bright Florida sun. I wear a hat to keep out the side glare.
correct. I use a 2200nit monitor attached to a tripod with a tray that holds the live deck. you get camera image only when you use Hdmi.

I wonder if you can mod the live deck antennas with 4hawks?

I also posted this answer in another thread but it is applicable here too.

The other thread advised that I needed to use the HDMI cable and Power Pack. So, I got the HDMI cable and a power pack. Got a great image right away. But then the dilemma was how do I handle all the cables and boxes? First try was Moverio Interface unit clipped on my belt, power pack in my pocket, live Deck in the opposite pocket (half sticking out and dropped once). Needed to find a way to group them all together in a single solution.

So, I began a search at the local Home Depot and found a Husky Belt Clip Storage Pouch for $8. Took the antennas off the Live deck, put holes in the pouch using a soldering iron to melt through the plastic and nylon fabric, put the Live Deck in with antenna screws sticking out and put antennas back on. Put holes in the other side of the pouch to line up with the HDMI outlet and the charging port. Then put a power pack on top of that with it's charge lights visible through the pastic, pushed to the left side so the lights of the Live Deck were visible through the clear portion, power button can be pushed through the plastic. Short Power Pack cable comes out the top and charging port is reachable. The interface Unit clips to the top edge of the pouch and the cable for glasses, HDMI cable and power cable are attached with excess wire stuffed into the pouch, just need to not plug the power pack in until ready to use. The closing cover is tucked into the pouch behind Interface unit. All nice and clean and attached to my belt in one spot, pretty light overall. Controller is not attached to anything and can be set down and walked away from without pulling it to the ground. It has my iPhone attached with velcro to the old iPad mount below the controls so it is all easy to see and maneuver below the glasses.

One question: I use the dark shield on sunny days, but it is too dark to see thru effectively. Has anyone found a medium dark sheild or can one be fashioned out of medium sunglasses or something else? Does anyone make a medium shield...Epson told me they do not have anything else, just clear and dark.

See attached pictures:

Moverio Set up 1.jpgMoverio Set up 2.jpgMoverio Set up 3.jpgMoverio Set up 4.jpg

These look like a great thing.

Perhaps I don't completely understand how these can connect. Is it possible to connect these, I'm using an iPhone...without using a Live Deck? I'd be OK with just viewing the app (iPhone) screen on the glasses.

Last edited:
That doesn't work. I tried every other scenario before I spent the money on the Live Deck. Look at about the 4th message from the top, above. The Live Deck is a wireless connection to the EVO by radio antennas. The controller and monitor (iPhone or iPad or Android device) are not connected. The only solution I have found that does not require the Live Deck is if you have a monitor on your controller like the Chrystal Sky or others like that with an HDMI output that can connect to the Moverio Interface unit. Similar cost, but then the controller is also connected to you by a wire to the glasses and power pack. A monitor with an HDMI out would cost similar or more than a Live Deck. For me, the Live Deck also gives me the option of remotely connecting to a TV so my customers can view what the drone sees on that flight while doing inspections or property surveys.

Thanks DikoB! I was wondering if it could somehow mirror the iPhone's screen to display on the glasses. I think Apple used to sell a Lightning to HDMI adaptor but I didn't know if it would work..

I don't know the answer to that. I just get the Camera Image view.

Thank you, that's the answer I was looking for! Although 2/3 of my work is real estate, the rest is roof, building and radio tower inspections(and a few yacht sales videos following the yacht underway).
How did you get the jobs for building and tower inspections? Where are you located? I'm in NYC.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials