Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Mission planning - photos

Fishhead3

Reaction score
Hi

I am a recreational user and slowly exploring the Autel Evo 2.

in terms of the Mission planner how do I:

1. vary the number of trips - I can see how to vary the length of each trip (i.e. one flight one way and the return), the density of trips (the number of return trips per square metre) and the direction of trips. I can't work out how to vary the number of return trips. For example, if I want my survey to be one up and one down, how do i do this?

2. change the photos taken - how do I set photo parameters (shutter speed, ISO, number per minute etc). At the moment there is an icon which states how many photos will be taken on the mission but there is no menu to alter anything assciated with the photography.

Any advice, links to videos etc, would be welcome

Hi

I am a recreational user and slowly exploring the Autel Evo 2.

in terms of the Mission planner how do I:

1. vary the number of trips - I can see how to vary the length of each trip (i.e. one flight one way and the return), the density of trips (the number of return trips per square metre) and the direction of trips. I can't work out how to vary the number of return trips. For example, if I want my survey to be one up and one down, how do i do this?
Via Autel Explorer -> Mission -> Rectangular or Polygon -> Create Project -> Change the size (height / width) of the default mission, rotate as needed. Click on the options menu bottom center to adjust the mission profile height, speed, overlap, close (one pass vs double grid), etc.
2. change the photos taken - how do I set photo parameters (shutter speed, ISO, number per minute etc). At the moment there is an icon which states how many photos will be taken on the mission but there is no menu to alter anything assciated with the photography.

Any advice, links to videos etc, would be welcome
When in Mission and editing a mission, upper left there should be a small photo (or part of photo) with arrow, click on the photo/arrow, photo should become a little larger, click on the photo, now click lower right and you should have your camera settings (similar to when in camera mode). When done with camera settings, tap the small map upper left. Click save icon on lower bottom center.

Via Autel Explorer -> Mission -> Rectangular or Polygon -> Create Project -> Change the size (height / width) of the default mission, rotate as needed. Click on the options menu bottom center to adjust the mission profile height, speed, overlap, close (one pass vs double grid), etc.

When in Mission and editing a mission, upper left there should be a small photo (or part of photo) with arrow, click on the photo/arrow, photo should become a little larger, click on the photo, now click lower right and you should have your camera settings (similar to when in camera mode). When done with camera settings, tap the small map upper left. Click save icon on lower bottom center.

HI, thanks for getting back to me. I still can't work out how to reduce the number of tracks. I can load the menu at the bottom and I can rotate and resize the grid but I can't work out how to reduce the number of passes it will do. I just want one up and one back.

Tapping on the picture icon on the upper right doesn't do anything. There is no photo icon on the left.

Any further thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210328-094803_Autel Explorer.jpg
    Screenshot_20210328-094803_Autel Explorer.jpg
    969.9 KB · Views: 18
HI, thanks for getting back to me. I still can't work out how to reduce the number of tracks. I can load the menu at the bottom and I can rotate and resize the grid but I can't work out how to reduce the number of passes it will do. I just want one up and one back.

Tapping on the picture icon on the upper right doesn't do anything. There is no photo icon on the left.

Any further thoughts?
See the following, top left, below the Autel A, there is a small image with a white ">", tap that and a larger small image should appear (next image).

Screenshot_20210327-182935_Autel Explorer.jpg
Screenshot_20210327-182945_Autel Explorer.jpg
Now tape on the small image, note if aircraft not attached you get a blank screen like your camera view. You may also not have grids enabled if so, you wont see the grids. Anyway, tap on the small picture in picture upper left and the following will appear.
Screenshot_20210327-182951_Autel Explorer.jpg
Now tap on the ^ lower right and the following will appear. Note if you have an aircraft/drone connected, you would see what it sees.
Screenshot_20210327-183002_Autel Explorer.jpg
Since no aircraft connected, the camera params/settings can not be adjusted. However if aircraft were connected, you would do your setup/config similar to when in camera mode.

Next, resize the map/model/mission:

Screenshot_20210327-183023_Autel Explorer.jpg
So you create or have a rectangular or poly mission, next image.
Screenshot_20210327-183056_Autel Explorer.jpg
However that mission has two many paths, you want to resize, or reduce coverage (e.g. number of images collected, level of detail, etc), so, click on the edit mission box, e.g. to the left of the Delete/garbage can in the edit menu bottom center, then see next image.

Screenshot_20210327-183113_Autel Explorer.jpg
Now adjust your mission settings, for example overlap, altitude, single pass or cross hatch etc. You will see the number of flight lines change (more or less), as well as time in the top right, along with number of images for the mission.
Screenshot_20210327-183125_Autel Explorer.jpg
Try different settings and see how they respond.
good luck

Reactions: troya
See the following, top left, below the Autel A, there is a small image with a white ">", tap that and a larger small image should appear (next image).

View attachment 10054
View attachment 10055
Now tape on the small image, note if aircraft not attached you get a blank screen like your camera view. You may also not have grids enabled if so, you wont see the grids. Anyway, tap on the small picture in picture upper left and the following will appear.
View attachment 10056
Now tap on the ^ lower right and the following will appear. Note if you have an aircraft/drone connected, you would see what it sees.
View attachment 10057
Since no aircraft connected, the camera params/settings can not be adjusted. However if aircraft were connected, you would do your setup/config similar to when in camera mode.

Next, resize the map/model/mission:

View attachment 10058
So you create or have a rectangular or poly mission, next image.
View attachment 10059
However that mission has two many paths, you want to resize, or reduce coverage (e.g. number of images collected, level of detail, etc), so, click on the edit mission box, e.g. to the left of the Delete/garbage can in the edit menu bottom center, then see next image.

View attachment 10060
Now adjust your mission settings, for example overlap, altitude, single pass or cross hatch etc. You will see the number of flight lines change (more or less), as well as time in the top right, along with number of images for the mission.
View attachment 10061
Try different settings and see how they respond.
good luck
Many thanks for this. Will give it a go

Reactions: gschulzuio
Many thanks for this. Will give it a go
No worries, there are various Youtube videos out there, did not have time to put one together yesterday. Actually the one who should be putting such vids together and on their site is Autel as opposed to their goofy fly with imbalanced prop video ;).

No worries, there are various Youtube videos out there, did not have time to put one together yesterday. Actually the one who should be putting such vids together and on their site is Autel as opposed to their goofy fly with imbalanced prop video ;).
I have to agree. The level of support is very poor

Autel is nothing but full of BS, I use to use my Typhoon H with CCC mode and set up all my destination shots by flying and recording my shots in real time. Then I would activate my CCC mode to repeat it without any Jerky movements.
Autel idea of doing it is for other people not the Videographers to get Cinematic slower smoother camera movements !
I keep trying to get the destination shot of my home can't without proper Cable Cam Mode by flying through as what I want as I have no idea of the height settings unless I fly while setting up my shots ! Its a wake up call for Autel to rise and help us Videographers who wear 20 different hats in our profession !
Every time I tell the hard reality they keep disappearing my post here.
**--** The remote is poorly set up with bad control and its nearly impossible to slow down and control the Jerky movements ! !
Autel failed miserably to provide Quick Set up Q cards with the drone in simple steps ! !
* * * * Watch my post disappear !

Last edited:
Sick and tired of horrible Jerky movements, I just tried to take my home shot just like a videographer would.
Failed miserably to get it and the white flowers on the tree's starting to disappear fast. !
**--** Simplify the mode by press Program, click " A " to start recording mission, start video recording.
Move to next location and press " A " .
Move to next location, adjust camera angle and press " A " at he end click finish and record mission !
Give it a name, done !

One thing for sure you can't be drunk programming the modes at Autel, fire those engineers and hire some smart ones from DJI

Do you know what EVO does if the mission takes longer than the battery time available? I understand it will pause the mission and fly home but will it continue the mission where it left after the battery swap?

Do you know what EVO does if the mission takes longer than the battery time available? I understand it will pause the mission and fly home but will it continue the mission where it left after the battery swap?
Mission continues after battery swap unless you cancel it.

Reactions: bruik

Another thing happening the video connection to my 7inch LCD keeps getting lost for minutes every so often and I can't tell what am I shooting in spite of repeated connecting and dis connecting the LCD cable trying to gain video feed and in the mean time the battery draining fast ! Autel Drone is nothing but full of little issues that needs attention if only their Engineers would stop getting drunk at the Bar and start working ! !
The newer 2.6.22 firmware seems stable but still the Gimble not ready keeps coming up on both my EVO2 Pro and the Automatic Gimbel correction won't correct the issues !

Another thing happening the video connection to my 7inch LCD keeps getting lost for minutes every so often and I can't tell what am I shooting in spite of repeated connecting and dis connecting the LCD cable trying to gain video feed and in the mean time the battery draining fast ! Autel Drone is nothing but full of little issues that needs attention if only their Engineers would stop getting drunk at the Bar and start working ! !
The newer 2.6.22 firmware seems stable but still the Gimble not ready keeps coming up on both my EVO2 Pro and the Automatic Gimbel correction won't correct the issues !
I get the Gimble not ready on power up, however wait a few seconds, it clears and good to go.

Reactions: UasDriver
Sorrow ensues. Missions do not conform to any gimbal settings. It's go from 0° to 90° NOW! Ugh.

Hmmm, flew a mission yesterday and gimbal adjusted fine as expected.
I was referring to cinematic move from 0 to 90 slowly in a mission. I was running on non updated firmware yesterday.updated today.maybe that's new. Have not tried it yet.

Sick and tired of horrible Jerky movements, I just tried to take my home shot just like a videographer would.
Failed miserably to get it and the white flowers on the tree's starting to disappear fast. !
**--** Simplify the mode by press Program, click " A " to start recording mission, start video recording.
Move to next location and press " A " .
Move to next location, adjust camera angle and press " A " at he end click finish and record mission !
Give it a name, done !

One thing for sure you can't be drunk programming the modes at Autel, fire those engineers and hire some smart ones from DJI
POIs are the answer to jerky gimbal movements in mission flights. I've posted a few videos.

This from another thread:
"Flight Control > Advanced Settings > EXP > open and adjust then close NOW go back to where EXP is then right under the EXP you see Sensitivity open and adjust. You need to play with this to your flavor. You can slow it down to the point to where the drone almost does not react to any stick input. I set it so low the first time I thought my drone was stuck in limbo hell. "

Last edited:
Reactions: troya

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials