Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Mission Planning File Locations: Android

With what limited time I had, I extracted linemission.kml and it doesn't show up in the file selector likely because it's too far away.
In my expierence the KML is not analyzed by AE before showing in the file selector. To be sure a KML is accessible you need connect your smartphone to a computer via USB and put the file into /Android/data/com.autelrobotics.explorer/files/NewMission folder (NewMission folder is created by AE when you first create a mission).
My kml of a simple flight log shows up an imports, but it's "empty", no lines. How the flight log file looks in GE.
The format of a flight log KML is different and too overloaded (one point per second of flight).

In my expierence the KML is not analyzed by AE before showing in the file selector. To be sure a KML is accessible you need connect your smartphone to a computer via USB and put the file into /Android/data/com.autelrobotics.explorer/files/NewMission folder (NewMission folder is created by AE when you first create a mission).

The format of a flight log KML is different and too overloaded (one point per second of flight).
I was making a WAG about that "reason". Two folks on here said importing a KML file works, but it won't work for me so I've given up on export import.. Creating missions on my PC through Vysor is easy, even polygon, oblique and rectangular which I did today. If you have a galaxy within s-pen, it's even not too difficult on the tiny fone. God help you if you are using a finger! o_O

Right click on the link below and choose "save as" to download lava.mp4. Put it in the files folder you mentioned and rename it videoCover.mp4 (rename the existing one 1st so it will not be harmed) you will have a different splash screen for Explorer!

Android\data\com.autelrobotics.explorer\files

right click to DL lava.mp4 and "save as"

Last edited:
In my experience the KML is not analyzed by AE before showing in the file selector. To be sure a KML is accessible you need connect your smartphone to a computer via USB and put the file into /Android/data/com.autelrobotics.explorer/files/NewMission folder (NewMission folder is created by AE when you first create a mission).
I was planning a mission at a rock in the mountains about 30 miles from my home @ home. Saved it. Exited the planner. I went to edit the mission to add a few POI points and when I clicked on mission Bald Mountain the planner just sat there staring at my house. I needed to pinch & scroll to my mission which luckily was on a major highway. I even tried the trick of reversing S <> E and it did not go to it. The linemission.kml from rvl simply will not show up in the import selector so I can't use that for testing.Screenshot_20210520-175126_Autel Explorer.jpg

I was planning a mission at a rock in the mountains about 30 miles from my home @ home. Saved it. Exited the planner. I went to edit the mission to add a few POI points and when I clicked on mission Bald Mountain the planner just sat there staring at my house. I needed to pinch & scroll to my mission which luckily was on a major highway. I even tried the trick of reversing S <> E and it did not go to it. The linemission.kml from rvl simply will not show up in the import selector so I can't use that for testing.View attachment 10489
Use the "[]" selection under the map-icon submenu to focus on the mission location.

Reactions: gschulzuio

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials