Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Max Wind Resistance

Gibcity

Reaction score
Hello,

Why is there such a big difference in max wind resistance between the V1/V2 and the V3? The V1/V2 stated roughly 43mph resistance and the V3 now stays 27mph. Photo is a screen grab from Autel's website.

Attachments

• wind resistant.PNG
    wind resistant.PNG
    258.9 KB · Views: 9
Not sure about why but I have flown my V3 in some heavy winds and it handles like a star.

Hello,

Why is there such a big difference in max wind resistance between the V1/V2 and the V3? The V1/V2 stated roughly 43mph resistance and the V3 now stays 27mph. Photo is a screen grab from Autel's website.

I think you will find that many specs regarding the EVO II 6K have been inflated (EVO II 6K can't shoot 6K video, EVO II can't fly for 40min, etc.). 43mph wind resistance sounds quite unrealistic and 27mph sounds more realistic. Sure the drone can fly 45mph so theoretically could "handle" 43mph winds, but in the real world you would probably lose your EVO II if you actually tried to fly it in constant 43mph winds.

I am not sure how they measured wind resistance (headwinds only, cross winds as well, or tailwinds), but I can tell you that if you tried to fly an EVO II back to its homepoint with 43mph crosswinds you would lose the drone. 27mph sounds more realistic when it comes to "handling" winds from any direction. I am defining "handling" here as the ability to control the drone well enough to return to its takeoff point and safely land. There is nothing you can safely do with an EVO II in 43mph winds except keep it in the case.

I have flown the EVO II 6K V1 in windy conditions with constant winds around 20mph and gusts up to 40mph and I wouldn't trust keeping control over it for more than 100' away from me. No way would it have been reliable with constant 40mph winds.

Last edited:
There is nothing you can safely do with an EVO II in 43mph winds except keep it in the case.
:D
I tested its (EVO2 Enterprise Dual 640T V2) high wind capabilities in the beginning and it really is a brave guy. Only as it started to move slightly backward it showed an alert that it would be better to stay in VLOS ... So it didn't bother about a safety landing like found on other makers.

Reactions: herein2021

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marshall@DRONE