Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Major problem with my Evo

mjbok

Reaction score
I've had the Evo since the first time I found it for sale and it is the drone I fly the most. I will dig out the Karma for orbits, because it does those better IMO, but day to day, week to week it's always the Evo that I go to.

Yesterday was the first niceish day in a while so I decided to do some fun flying (no goals, just playing around). I usually have been using drones for surveying work or house exteriors and have used mission planning quite a bit, but I had never tried follow-me with the Evo.

I was just going to be walking around the neighborhood, down to the pond, etc. so I figured it would be a great chance to try out a feature I've never used. The flight seemed to go well, got some good video and pictures of reflections off a pond and I went home to dump my stuff to my NAS.

As I was reviewing the follow-me footage I noticed a huge problem that I've never seen before. It started off good enough, but for some reason the drone decided to follow a completely different person and not me. I know this because the person it was following had a fairly significant bald spot. I know that I am young and virile and am most def. not losing my hair! What could make my Evo follow someone else? I feel like it betrayed me.

I've had the Evo since the first time I found it for sale and it is the drone I fly the most. I will dig out the Karma for orbits, because it does those better IMO, but day to day, week to week it's always the Evo that I go to.

Yesterday was the first niceish day in a while so I decided to do some fun flying (no goals, just playing around). I usually have been using drones for surveying work or house exteriors and have used mission planning quite a bit, but I had never tried follow-me with the Evo.

I was just going to be walking around the neighborhood, down to the pond, etc. so I figured it would be a great chance to try out a feature I've never used. The flight seemed to go well, got some good video and pictures of reflections off a pond and I went home to dump my stuff to my NAS.

As I was reviewing the follow-me footage I noticed a huge problem that I've never seen before. It started off good enough, but for some reason the drone decided to follow a completely different person and not me. I know this because the person it was following had a fairly significant bald spot. I know that I am young and virile and am most def. not losing my hair! What could make my Evo follow someone else? I feel like it betrayed me.
You can read similar stories on DJI forums. It seems that the Parrot Anafi does “Follow Me” best.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy