Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Magnetic personality

Autelpilotsnumpty

Reaction score
Popped out this morning to a local location.
Got the drone out turned on the screen recorder, controller and drone.

Got this warning.

Screenshot_20210701-082104_Video Player.jpg

I am in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of what use to be a forest.

The nearest powerline is 3-5 miles away.

I did a compass calibration after the preflight warning. The same message came up after the calibration.

I gave up and put the drone back in the bag.

It Is also the same area the last drone I had crashed in, but I did not get a warning then. The drone flew off with no warning.

Maybe its my magnetic personality?

Anyone get this message and how have you dealt with it?

• Wow
Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS

Got this warning.

View attachment 10829

I did a compass calibration after the preflight warning. The same message came up after the calibration.

It Is also the same area the last drone I had crashed in, but I did not get a warning then. The drone flew off with no warning.

By chance is your landing pad one of those that has a heavy duty outer metal ring that holds its shape when deployed, then when folded up becomes a 12-16" circle? If so, do a compass and imu calibrate to be safe, then, place aircraft on a different surface and power up, also put your phone/device into airplane mode and make sure wifi is off. If you still get the error, even if moving to a different location, doing the above, then something may be wrong with the aircraft.

Reactions: Autelpilotsnumpty
most of my career was "inside" large magnetic fields. watches didn't like me, phones lost signal, radio stations would fuzz out, AFTER I was outside the field. so there may be something to that!

I normally fly in the middle of nowhere, I usually have a metal detector with me. You'd be surprised at the amount of natural Ferris metal there is

Got this warning.

View attachment 10829

I always launch from the top of my rugged case for this reason. There could be anything buried in the ground below including ferrous metals. The only time my "launch from top of drone case" trick has not worked was when I was at a cement parking garage where the magnetic fields were too strong. If I were you I'd try that and if that did not work then simply pack up and move a couple hundred feet in any direction.

Whatever you do, don't just ignore the error and take off anyway. Once you get in the air go straight up 100' and hover while you check out all of the indicators; if everything still looks fine you are good to go. BTW, I've never had a problem landing on cement and cement parking garages, the trick is to get in the air without magnetic interference.

Screenshot_20210702-065248_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20210702-065321_Video Player.jpg

So I went to fly the E2P this morning.

Just outside my house. Where I have flown before and never had a compass issue.

Right off the bat, a weird green screen issue.
That was fixed by turning off and on the controller.

I flew for 28 mins, landed it by the road then walked up the drone to turn it off and it warned me of a compass abnormality.
It must be me.

• Haha
Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy