Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Lower height for Mission Planner

Yes it's an assumption, even if in the writing of the mission file, it is written - EnableTopographyFollow ": True -, it is not able for the moment to follow the ground.
Maybe will it come during a next software update and firmware? If it is there in the file, something is probably preparing for the future. I think the Evo 2 will have this function because it will be a drone for a professional purpose.
This function, I have it on the H520 and indeed, it follows correctly the ground, but it is always necessary to take its heights on the course largely because one is not safe from a boulder or a tree higher than the we did not think.
My missions are all prepared under Litchi because it has this function of tracking, so easy for me because I can transfer the file on the H520 with a program that I have done for.
Hub520.JPG
My missions for the Evo, I also prepare them under Litchi because it manages the distance of the altitudes of each point and my ground-drone difference is automatically retransmitted in the writing of the file for the Evo.
HubEvo.JPG
I tested the three forms of missions according to the Heading and they work so I do not need to do the mission in Explorer.
(Except on the ground eventually)

My only desolation is that the Evo is unable to turn, climb and change altitude without stopping.
For that, it is far but very far from Dji and will struggle to catch up him with his rotten Autopilot system.

Last edited:
It was an assumption from what @claudius62 said in post #8. I am aware the Evo will not gain or lose altitude when tracking something. Although it is my belief it can be done via a firmware and software updates.
I would like to hear from Claudius how he got his information and if he is using this "unknown feature" Please educate us Claudius! ;)

This option is not yet functional.
I think it will be there "maybe" later, because it is there in the writing of the new waypoints file.
In the form "EnableTopographyFollow": True "or False See # 6 of this post.
I think we have to wait for the release of the Evo 2 to learn more (or not).
If this option has been added, it should not be trivial.
Or it's the game of 7 mistakes ...........................

This option is not yet functional.
I think it will be there "maybe" later, because it is there in the writing of the new waypoints file.
In the form "EnableTopographyFollow": True "or False See # 6 of this post.
I think we have to wait for the release of the Evo 2 to learn more (or not).
If this option has been added, it should not be trivial.
Or it's the game of 7 mistakes ...........................
Well, now this makes me want someone to do an experiment...
The idea would be that if you can access the waypoints file (which is really just a text file as you showed), then edit all the places where "EnableTopographyFollow" = False, just manually change it to True, then fly that mission and see if it WILL follow the terrain. I can't do it where I live because I don't have any terrain that goes up and down, so I couldn't test it if I wanted to!
But is anyone else daring enough to try it?

Be careful because the file that is in the directory "NewMission" even if you modify it has no impact on the mission you have created. I did the test by changing altitudes, reopening the mission, the old altitudes are still there.
Intrigued, I deleted the mission in the directory, turned off and turned on the phone. The mission is still there with its image and although the directory is empty, it is there and with all the data in it.
Deduction, the text file is a simple copy of what is put in the mission, the real mission is in the directory of Explorer and it must be coded because looking well I found nothing obvious.
But it is this "hidden mission" that is called by the application when you open it.
So changing the file in "NewMission" does not serve anything.
There must be super security on this type of mission!

I think you are right. This would also explain why, if I create a mission under "camera" I cannot see the mission I created under "Mission" They ought to be visible to each other, not segregated in two places. What I was attempting to do was create a rectangular route in "mission" and then edit it in "camera" mode. Theoretically it should be possible, but Autel is segregating them for some reason. Its almost like they are separate programs!

It was an assumption from what @claudius62 said in post #8. I am aware the Evo will not gain or lose altitude when tracking something. Although it is my belief it can be done via a firmware and software updates.
I just purchased an EVO and I have not tried Missions yet. I am used to Litchi as I have flown 6 different DJI drones in the pas 5 years. I know the value of waypoints that adjust to altitude above ground and I hope Autel Explorer has this feature. Has anybody tried the Mission flight mode and can verify this?

I just purchased an EVO and I have not tried Missions yet. I am used to Litchi as I have flown 6 different DJI drones in the pas 5 years. I know the value of waypoints that adjust to altitude above ground and I hope Autel Explorer has this feature. Has anybody tried the Mission flight mode and can verify this?
The Evo's mission will gain altitude when it reaches it's marker. Sadly is does not have the ability to gradually raise altitude, like the DJI drones do with Litchi. Autel decided to leave this function to the Evo 2.

I have noticed an improvement at the waypoints. It used to take longer to transition even with no altitude change. At least that's how it seams.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller