Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Lower height for Mission Planner

Nightbat2

Reaction score
Wish the Mission Planner (and Waypoints) would allow us ro fly lower than 30 metres.

I do not understand the question.
You can fly below 30 meters.
30 meters is the height that gives Altel as a measure for planning, but you can put the high you want at each point.
My missions start at 10 meters generally to climb then. And at the end of missions, I try to come back to 10 meters, or 5 meters. I have less down the UAV at the end of the trip.

Reactions: Nightbat2
I do not understand the question.
You can fly below 30 meters.
30 meters is the height that gives Altel as a measure for planning, but you can put the high you want at each point.
My missions start at 10 meters generally to climb then. And at the end of missions, I try to come back to 10 meters, or 5 meters. I have less down the UAV at the end of the trip.
According to Autel’s Alejandro on YouTube—if I understand him correctly—the minimum height for a mission is 30 metres. And that is what the app shows, also. Where is the over-ride. As for Waypoints, there appear to be two versions—one under Camera and one under Missions. It’s the one under Missions I’m talking about. Where is the over-ride?

Yes, that appears to be the Waypoints Page under CAMERA. There is another Waypoints option under MISSIONS. I cannot find any way to get the height below 30metres. What am I missing?B55951CA-092E-4716-96DF-A45DE61A3C32.jpeg

Yes, it's the new version of waypoints.
Actually the minimun is 30 meters which is ridiculous.
I always use the old version because it does not bring anything new. Although appears in the file of the semblances of curve perhaps for the sequence of points, no curve is done in the course. Maybe it will come in the next firmware of 2022 .....
You can always edit the file to change the value of the height on the points but it must be done with a special text editor to avoid damaging the structure of the file. It must be Json or Xml mix.
new mission Evo 2.JPG

I always use the old version because it does not bring anything new. Although appears in the file of the semblances of curve perhaps for the sequence of points, no curve is done in the course. Maybe it will come in the next firmware of 2022 .....
You can always edit the file to change the value of the height on the points but it must be done with a special text editor to avoid damaging the structure of the file. It must be Json or Xml mix.
View attachment 5730
Thanks for that.Probably beyond my ability to modify, so will continue to use the earlier one as long as it works

By cons I just noticed a very interesting thing.
In the first version of Autel-Explorer 1.0.1.43 beta-tester mode, this New Mission file header was:
"EnableTopographyFollow": false
And now in the public version still 1.0.1.43, That is, whatever the mission,
"EnableTopographyFollow": true
????
Field monitoring would be implemented in this mission format.
If this is it, it would be the explanation of the minimum height 30m. as a security measure?

CALL BETA-TESTER LIVING IN MOUNTAIN to stick in test.

It sounds like they enabled a function to allow the Evo to gain or lose height according to terrain? I haven't heard anyone saying it works, so I would use caution.

What is annoying is the same at Yuneec, it is that they implement new functions and no information transpires from these updates except for BUG corrections .....
They put three new functions in Explorer, Did you find a paper somewhere about these?

It sounds like they enabled a function to allow the Evo to gain or lose height according to terrain? I haven't heard anyone saying it works, so I would use caution.
Enough of us have asked for it. Would be tremendous plus if so.

I bought those antennas. Be careful when installing and make sure to flip the battery the other way or you will break the coaxial cable.

View attachment 5730
I am confused by these posts....
Posters are discussing "old versions" and "new versions"
When I want to plan a mission, I want to be able to do it offline. But if I am required to plan a mission in an "old" version, and I have to do it under "CAMERA", that means I must be connected to the drone with its power on while I do my planning. But what I need to be able to do is do my planning carefully and taking my time while offline and with the camera (and drone) not powered on.
Can you explain how I can do that please and what you mean by "old version" and "new version"? Thanks.

Where did you hear this? I would like to read it for myself? Please give me a link! Thanks.

By cons I just noticed a very interesting thing.
In the first version of Autel-Explorer 1.0.1.43 beta-tester mode, this New Mission file header was:
"EnableTopographyFollow": false
And now in the public version still 1.0.1.43, That is, whatever the mission,
"EnableTopographyFollow": true
????
Field monitoring would be implemented in this mission format.
If this is it, it would be the explanation of the minimum height 30m. as a security measure?

CALL BETA-TESTER LIVING IN MOUNTAIN to stick in test.
I understand what you are saying. But being able to follow terrain (if that means that the drone will ascend when the terrain ascends and drop down if it drops down) is CRUCIAL if one is trying to make an orthomosaic map. This is because the ALTITUDE above the terrain must be constant or else your final mosaic will be faulty. Not only that, but if you can't follow terrain, your drone will crash into the side of a mountain unless your starting altitude is higher than the highest terrain.

I am confused by these posts....
Posters are discussing "old versions" and "new versions"
When I want to plan a mission, I want to be able to do it offline. But if I am required to plan a mission in an "old" version, and I have to do it under "CAMERA", that means I must be connected to the drone with its power on while I do my planning. But what I need to be able to do is do my planning carefully and taking my time while offline and with the camera (and drone) not powered on.
Can you explain how I can do that please and what you mean by "old version" and "new version"? Thanks.
No, you Can do waypoints under CAMERA without being connected to the drone. Same with waypoints under MISSION. The main difference I’ve seen is that the first allows to to go lower than the second. Have no idea where this follow terrain height comes in but agree it would be awesome.

It was an assumption from what @claudius62 said in post #8. I am aware the Evo will not gain or lose altitude when tracking something. Although it is my belief it can be done via a firmware and software updates.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kestrel