Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Lost drone

Why did my drone not return when it lost signal using controller? I thought evo 2 did this automatically.
This happened to me this past April when the drone was 1600 feet away with direct line of sight during a smart orbit. Flew into the side of a mountain. Autel did honor the warranty.

Reactions: desert drone
Why did my drone not return when it lost signal using controller? I thought evo 2 did this automatically.
Did you find it ? It could have been caused by a number of things. My Evo II Pro RTK V2 is 9 months old and has been rock steady. It's my first UAV and was recommended by a friend who has the same. I'm no expert in UAV use, but I have a checklist for every flight and I'm constantly watching all flight parameters.

Although I haven't encountered this problem, I found that one of the most important procedures for me is battery level management. It keeps me sane ! I'm very conservative on my battery levels. I've got mine set at 20% level warning with the critical set at 15%. I know this reduces my flight times for mapping missions, but it's one less item on my checklist that I don't worry about. I also make sure all my batteries have full charge the night before.

I hope your Evo is under warranty or you have insurance.

Reactions: desert drone
This happened to me this past April when the drone was 1600 feet away with direct line of sight during a smart orbit. Flew into the side of a mountain. Autel did honor the warranty.
This was a gift, so I am unsure of any warranty opportunities. I've yet to even locate it.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skygod34