Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Live deck testing

Anzacjack

Reaction score
Gave the live deck a bit of a test today and had some interesting results.
I know it communicates directly with the bird and this is easily seen by displaying image from camera even when controller is turned off.
After a couple of flights and testing some longer whip antennas and some clover leafs. Clover leaf antennas worked really well so they will be my go to.

But the interesting things was that, I found that the live deck lost signal at the same range as the controller with the titan whips. However, when I attached the alientech boosted antenna to controller, not only did I get more range, but the live deck also gained more range, and again lost signal when the controller did.
So I can only surmise that the live deck must also get signal from the controller as well as the bird. Maybe selecting the strongest signal? I’m only guessing at this, but on a few test flights with same results, I think this must be the case.

‘anyone else have experience with the live deck with similar results?
Either way, I’m happy and impressed with livedeck performance. 0B9B6CCF-11EA-4627-AE6B-A6E0B202863E.jpeg

Last edited:
Can you show a pic of how you have the Live Deck attached to that monitor? And give us a description of how you attached the 2.

Last edited:
I know it communicates directly with the bird and this is easily seen by displaying image from camera even when controller is turned off.
After a couple of flights and testing some longer whip antennas and some clover leafs. Clover leaf antennas worked really well so they will be my go to.

But the interesting things was that, I found that the live deck lost signal at the same range as the controller with the titan whips. However, when I attached the alientech boosted antenna to controller, not only did I get more range, but the live deck also gained more range, and again lost signal when the controller did.
So I can only surmise that the live deck must also get signal from the controller as well as the bird. Maybe selecting the strongest signal? I’m only guessing at this, but on a few test flights with same results, I think this must be the case.

Either way, I’m happy no impressed with livedeck performance. View attachment 8892
Thanks anazcjack,

Thanks for sharing your experiences with Livedeck, and controller.

I’ve been sitting on the fence getting Livedeck, eventually I’ll get one and I do like the controller separation of your tri-pod setup.

Thats similar to what I was going with, it’s clean and no cables between controller and Livedeck.

Have you tried the Alientech Pro booster with Livedeck? I see you mentioned using Titian whips and clover leafs, just curious if you or any of the other Livedeck users have tried Alientech

Your setup is very nice, I’ll definitely get Livedeck in the future.

Thanks again,
Paul

It’s a great device.
I haven’t tried using the alientech antenna direct to the live deck. Main reason, in my situation, that would jus give the live deck better range than controller which would not have any benefit. However if the live deck was at a different location, it might be a great option.

for me, it’s a great companion to the feelword monitor. I just have it double sided taped to the battery of the monitor. As you have noticed, a very clean, handy setup.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
This will also be used with the live deck. I currently use this with a hdmi dongle getting stream from DJI smart controller. But range from the controller is limited and extra cables etc not as neat. The live deck will work really well with this setup

Either way, I’m happy no impressed with livedeck performance. View attachment 8892
Why using circular polarized antennas?! EVO2 has only dipoles, linear polarized. Mixing them just lowers the signal strength. You should get better range with sticks.

Yep I understand that. And yet, I got more range with the clover leafs. I only tried them just to see how they would compare. I’ve got a tonne of stuff here from many years of RPAS development and testing. A few things don’t make sense, but I’ll always go with real world results and use what works best over theoretical stuff

I actually decided to try the circular polarised antennas today on the remote. Getting the same range as the titan whips, which is a lot better than the standard evo antennas

This will also be used with the live deck. I currently use this with a hdmi dongle getting stream from DJI smart controller. But range from the controller is limited and extra cables etc not as neat. The live deck will work really well with this setup
Just noticed your tripod is the same one I’m going to use with Livedeck, been using it awhile very nice tripod setup especially its strong frame, lightweight and maneuverable.

Just had my left knee replacement surgery this Monday, the other was three months ago. Perfect timing for project’s like these, plenty of free time to complete these hobby projects.

Appreciate you sharing your Livedeck experiences, and from the few other’s.

Happy flying,
Paul

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottD