Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

live deck on computer

Avinash69

Reaction score
i need hep on how to set up my live deck to my laptop..i have and ethernet cable ..can anyone help thanks..the hdmi and the usb port is working..thanks avi

Reactions: TominatorSkyview
i need hep on how to set up my live deck to my laptop..i have and ethernet cable ..can anyone help thanks..the hdmi and the usb port is working..thanks avi
I contacted Autel on the same matter that was last week they seem to have gone mute on matters regarding live deck in regards to pc connection. I hope im wrong but does not appear to be the case I know the manual said for it to work you need to download the Autel Video app which currently does not even exist hope they fix this as that capability would be awesome as youd be able to use the laptop as a mobile command station.

It may not be released publicly yet but our demo Live Deck units just recently got set up for PC connection. We'll check on this with the Autel team and I'll try and post an update back here.
Thank you that will be very welcome news to any live deck owner I actually plan on using my phones mobile hotspot for internet to the pc while using livedeck to live stream the footage without the need for Youtube I have a few other ideas with this as well so ill be very excited if this comes to light soon.

hi autel contacted me and they said they are working on it..so please bear with them..i am happy to be the first owner in trinidad of the live deck..so far the live deck HDMI and USB ports work very good..will recommend !!

Reactions: AZdroney83
Hello everyone figured id drop this here after sometime and just writing off the idea do to the lack of response from Autel on this I decided to google and see what popped up and was pleasantly surprised today when I came across a nice write up. I haven't had a chance to try out this set of instructions for Windows 10 yet but plan to once I get free time anyways hope this works. https://support.blueskiesdronerental.com/portal/en/kb/articles/autel-robotics-live-deck (UPDATE: 11/17/2020 Finally got the chance to give this a try followed the instructions to a "T" had absolutely zero luck which is very disappointing honestly I know there are other solutions but when myself as well as other customers forked out over $400.00 for this accessory after claims that this portion would indeed work that's just bad business. That said it is what it is I still love my EVO but this will definitely way heavy on future purchases from the company since they have opted to fall silent on the matter for the most part!)

Last edited:
Get one of these.

You can pump the HDMI in to this and then connect it to your PC and stream with OBS to any site you want to stream too. Don't need to worry about USB or Ethernet this way. Don't have to worry about drivers for the Live Deck to make it all work. That comes with the Elgato. You can plug it into your desktop at home or use your laptop on the road so you can stream from anywhere you get internet with your laptop. Surface Pro with LTE would work great as a portable streaming computer.

Get one of these.

You can pump the HDMI in to this and then connect it to your PC and stream with OBS to any site you want to stream too. Don't need to worry about USB or Ethernet this way. Don't have to worry about drivers for the Live Deck to make it all work. That comes with the Elgato. You can plug it into your desktop at home or use your laptop on the road so you can stream from anywhere you get internet with your laptop. Surface Pro with LTE would work great as a portable streaming computer.
Might give that a go thank you.

Sadly, after watching the Autel video on setup, it looks like they have hardcoded the IP address to 192.168.0.1 which is the same as every freaking router on the planet. Why Autel, why? Couldn't have picked like .254 so you don't conflict and could just be plugged into a router. The HDMI to the Elgato capture card is probably the safest and least prone to issues way of dealing with Live Deck. Got my Live Deck at BestBuy today but Amazon just said my Elgato will arrive tomorrow instead of today makes me a sad puppy. Guess I'll just plug into my monitor to verify HDMI output is working :).

what is the purpose of plugging into a laptop? is it to choose another port out instead of cdmi? is it to view the live feed on a computer monitor instead of an ordinary monitor with hdmi? or, what I would like to do is stream the live feed on the internet (maybe thru yt) for everyone to watch it, is that the goal here?

what is the purpose of plugging into a laptop? is it to choose another port out instead of cdmi? is it to view the live feed on a computer monitor instead of an ordinary monitor with hdmi? or, what I would like to do is stream the live feed on the internet (maybe thru yt) for everyone to watch it, is that the goal here?
Yea their goal is to give you an app(not done yet) so that you can view the stream on your laptop to then feed to YT. I'll be doing this via using the Elgato capture card and HDMI so I don't have to worry about any crap from the LIVE DECK. Far simpler way to do it and the elgato will connect to OBS that you can use to stream to any streaming service.

The goal for me was to use the laptop as a monitor as well as live stream to Facebook with it since youtube decided to make you need a 1,000 subscribers. Also my laptop on a full charge can accommodate all the flying time more or less using it as a internet connected mobile command station no power source needed, no external monitor needed and very portable.

Ok, so I now have the Live Deck and an Elgato HD60S. I have successfully tested streaming to Facebook and Teams. This setup works great. Just take the HDMI out from the Live deck into the capture card. You can send that feed to anywhere from there. No messing with apps from Autel. It shows up like a webcam in Windows which is a device you can use with any software you have that uses a webcam as a device. Not the cheapest setup but by far the most reliable and problem free and future proof. I think getting your Live stream on hardware seperate from the hardware your flying with is the best option. You aren't working the phone/tablet so hard and overheating or overworking it. You could setup a laptop in your car and put the live deck on the dash and then go out and fly. Obviously leave the car running with A/C on :).

Ok, so I now have the Live Deck and an Elgato HD60S. I have successfully tested streaming to Facebook and Teams. This setup works great. Just take the HDMI out from the Live deck into the capture card. You can send that feed to anywhere from there. No messing with apps from Autel. It shows up like a webcam in Windows which is a device you can use with any software you have that uses a webcam as a device. Not the cheapest setup but by far the most reliable and problem free and future proof. I think getting your Live stream on hardware seperate from the hardware your flying with is the best option. You aren't working the phone/tablet so hard and overheating or overworking it. You could setup a laptop in your car and put the live deck on the dash and then go out and fly. Obviously leave the car running with A/C on :).

think I will get one, thanks for the update.

btw, have you found better antenna for the live deck to increase the range? my live deck has about as much range as my rc and they both start to lose video feed at about 5k ft which I believe is insufficient.

think I will get one, thanks for the update.

btw, have you found better antenna for the live deck to increase the range? my live deck has about as much range as my rc and they both start to lose video feed at about 5k ft which I believe is insufficient.
There is a way to amp the Live Deck. The following item can be made to amplify the Live Deck.

Also have to say that covertdrones is one of the greatest customer service I've run into in a small business. If you want to go beyond that 5k you can buy the Alientech from him and have him install it for you as well. Expensive solution but you can get a ton further range. The only thing I haven't done is this amp'd antenna for the live deck since when I'll be using the Live Deck I'm not likely to be flying long range like when I'm flying the pier at the beach. This antenna can be added later and doesn't require opening the Live Deck to add it so I'll add it later if I feel I need it for my situation. Guess I need to do a video to put on my channel with my setup.

Last edited:
Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
Get one of these.

Wanted to say thank you for this suggestion I found a similar that was slightly more affordable at the moment but this should work here's what im giving a try https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C6KCBY...olid=1M0NNKOTPLB8H&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it Hope you have a Happy Thanks Giving!

Get one of these.

Thanks I will do some research on this.

Hello everyone figured id drop this here after sometime and just writing off the idea do to the lack of response from Autel on this I decided to google and see what popped up and was pleasantly surprised today when I came across a nice write up. I haven't had a chance to try out this set of instructions for Windows 10 yet but plan to once I get free time anyways hope this works. https://support.blueskiesdronerental.com/portal/en/kb/articles/autel-robotics-live-deck (UPDATE: 11/17/2020 Finally got the chance to give this a try followed the instructions to a "T" had absolutely zero luck which is very disappointing honestly I know there are other solutions but when myself as well as other customers forked out over $400.00 for this accessory after claims that this portion would indeed work that's just bad business. That said it is what it is I still love my EVO but this will definitely way heavy on future purchases from the company since they have opted to fall silent on the matter for the most part!)
Sounds good I will do some research also

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials