Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Live Deck - Discontinued?

moodman

Reaction score
I am wondering if the Live Deck is unavailable everywhere (including Autel) because they are discontinuing it. If so, I won't buy even a used one, because Autel has this habit of dropping support as soon as they come out with something new. Anyone know for sure, or just rumors?

the live deck only comes in version 1 and autel has accessories that use version 1 and version 2. since there is no version 2 of the live deck, you can probably consider it to be "no longer available" since there are no plans to release a version 2. if you find a live deck (appears to be some in the aftermarket), you must have a version 1 drone in order to use it. the live deck doesn't need a lot of support so i wouldn't base my purchase on getting non-existent support from autel in the form of warranty or sw updates. the live deck is a great idea and i wouldn't be surprise if something similar was planned in the future, maybe as a version 3.

Reactions: Junior
I am wondering if the Live Deck is unavailable everywhere (including Autel) because they are discontinuing it. If so, I won't buy even a used one, because Autel has this habit of dropping support as soon as they come out with something new. Anyone know for sure, or just rumors?
Old news? Live deck does not support the V2 EVO IIs which have been out for a year or so, thus, from that standpoint you can call them discontinued similar to EVO II V1. Otoh, the live decks still work with the V1s.

the live deck only comes in version 1 and autel has accessories that use version 1 and version 2. since there is no version 2 of the live deck, you can probably consider it to be "no longer available" since there are no plans to release a version 2. if you find a live deck (appears to be some in the aftermarket), you must have a version 1 drone in order to use it. the live deck doesn't need a lot of support so i wouldn't base my purchase on getting non-existent support from autel in the form of warranty or sw updates. the live deck is a great idea and i wouldn't be surprise if something similar was planned in the future, maybe as a version 3.
Thank you for the reply. A couple of followup questions please...
1. You said there are accessories for versions 1 and 2. What kind of accessories?
2. You said a "version 1 drone". I assume you mean a version 1 Evo 2, but it will work for the Evo 1 as is, right?
3. Regarding SW updates, I have read that there was a firmware update that fixed a problem where the live deck wouldn't output on all it's ports. Do you think Autel would provide that update if that is an issue? I wouldn't want to get one only to find out that there is a bug in it that I can't get fixed.
4. Do you know what the ACTUAL receiving range is with the live deck? They claim about 4 miles. Is that real world, or marketing?

If you don't know all these answers are there others who are experts out here who would provide some advice? Thanks to all!!

Thank you for the reply. A couple of followup questions please...
1. You said there are accessories for versions 1 and 2. What kind of accessories?
2. You said a "version 1 drone". I assume you mean a version 1 Evo 2, but it will work for the Evo 1 as is, right?
3. Regarding SW updates, I have read that there was a firmware update that fixed a problem where the live deck wouldn't output on all it's ports. Do you think Autel would provide that update if that is an issue? I wouldn't want to get one only to find out that there is a bug in it that I can't get fixed.
4. Do you know what the ACTUAL receiving range is with the live deck? They claim about 4 miles. Is that real world, or marketing?

If you don't know all these answers are there others who are experts out here who would provide some advice? Thanks to all!!
for the evo 2, there are two versions typically called v1 and v2. for transmission-type accessories such as the live deck and the remote controller, you have to match the version of the accessory with the version of the drone. an evo 2 v1 will only work with live deck (which is v1 only) and you must also use a v1 remote controller. if you have a evo 2 v2 then you can only use a v2 remote controller. there is no live deck v2. other accessories include smart controllers and similar have v1/v2 designation as well. this is for evo 2 only; does not pertain to the original evo or evo 1.

you will always be able to get the latest sw update to the live deck. whatever fixes have been provide in the past were available then and still available now. it is unlike;y there will be new sw updates for the live deck even if there are bugs found. if a port is not working and hasnt been fixed, not likely to get fixed in the future. i think you are talking about the ethernet port.

i've only used my live deck a handful of times and it performed admirably with a range same as or exceeding the range of the remote controller. lots of details throughout the forum on the live deck performance. in the real world, i can see the range of 4 miles being achievable.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan