Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Lifthor Sif for Evo

jcmarceau

Reaction score
I received for Christmas gift the tablet holder lifthor sif for the evo and this is the best tablet holder for evo period.
I did bought before the hook from hypedphoto that is sold also by carolinadronz but the tablet is to heavy for the rc holder + hook and with the weight it might break the remote with time because all the weight is behind the remote. With the Lifthor Sif ....Wow....all the weight of the tablet (ipad pro 9.7 in my case) is centered so you can put the remote with tablet sitting on table and it does not flip over. Also with the lanyard you can release the rc and it will stay level in front off you so you can do your compass calibration and see the ipad for result of calibration. Seriously i know it might sound expensive but if you want to use your tablet for flying the evo....this is the only way to go.;)

I do recommended 100%

Reactions: safari and WayneH
Completely and totally agree. Got mine a few weeks ago. Now if the Wind would die down so I can get out and fly.

Worth every penny.

Hi, looking at the Lifthor pictures back plate it seems that the antennas could not be lowered if needed. I believe that to get the farthest distance on the EVO one needs to lower them instead of having them upward. Can someone clarify the movement. Need to be sure before purchasing.

Hi, looking at the Lifthor pictures back plate it seems that the antennas could not be lowered if needed. I believe that to get the farthest distance on the EVO one needs to lower them instead of having them upward. Can someone clarify the movement. Need to be sure before purchasing.

I just tested the antenna's and they do in fact tilt all the way down. There is some restriction on the side of the bracket, but you can swing them up or down with virtually no restriction.

I'll attach a picture tomorrow with the Antenna in various positions.

Take Care.

JT

Reactions: Cyberjunkie
Thank you for the pictures. So I'm good to order then. Besides been the only tablet alternative without creating a brake point on the controller case, it looks awesome.

The LifThor is an excellent product. Very professionally designed. Holds your iPad or other device very securely.

I too have been contemplating buying one, but I want to use a small 7" tablet and have no conformation if it will actually fit. My other issue was always having to break it down to fit back in the Evo case. Can someone confirm whether it will hold a 7" tablet without Velcro?

Can someone confirm whether it will hold a 7" tablet without Velcro?
Short answer - YES, NO PROBLEM. The other issue you mention is a bit of a bother, though. It is impossible to transport (sensibly) the RC with Lifthor attached, but it's advantages far outweigh this niggle.

Don't want to disassemble the Lifthor, buy an Autel soft case and use for controller.
Yes, but...
I'm an Olde Pharte, and must usually walk some distance to a fly site. Not wanting to carry two cases AND a folding seat, I must pack all into one case, which can only be done (easily) by disassembling the Lifthor/RC combo.

Don't want to disassemble the Lifthor, buy an Autel soft case and use for controller.

This is quite true! I just ordered another "On the go" bundle, so I will in fact have an extra soft bag. I think I am going to save the coin and make my own tablet holder like someone of this forum did. He used an old cell phone case to clamp in to the phone holder and then just used Velcro to attach his tablet to the case. It's not perfect, but it will probably suffice for a while.

This is actually a great idea. Has anybody used the soft case for the controller with a Lifthor? The case has just been sitting there since I got my Evo. Maybe it will get put to use. I use a hard case for the Evo, batteries, etc.

This is actually a great idea. Has anybody used the soft case for the controller with a Lifthor? The case has just been sitting there since I got my Evo. Maybe it will get put to use. I use a hard case for the Evo, batteries, etc.

i use my soft case

Attachments

• 20190114_091011.jpg
    20190114_091011.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
  • 20190114_091022.jpg
    20190114_091022.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
Reactions: Phillyjon
Recently purchased the LifThor to hold a 12.9 inch iPad that accommodates my 77 year old eyes. Fits great, holds securely. The only drawback, if disassembly is required, is the size of the thumbscrews. These are to small for my less than dexterous fingers. Ordered replacements in form of 5m x 12m Wing Bolts from Amazon.

Recently purchased the LifThor to hold a 12.9 inch iPad that accommodates my 77 year old eyes. Fits great, holds securely. The only drawback, if disassembly is required, is the size of the thumbscrews. These are to small for my less than dexterous fingers. Ordered replacements in form of 5m x 12m Wing Bolts from Amazon.
Do you mind posting a pic sir? My holder comes in Wednesday so I’m hype to see what it’ll look like lol

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials