Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

LifThor Holder vs. Holder Combo?

crusho

Reaction score
Website
chisrusho.com
My local drone guys, Empire Drone, are selling two different versions of the LifThor for the Evo II: One as just the holder, and the other as as a "combo". I was hoping that the combo included the 4Hawks mounting bracket, but that doesn't seem to be the case. You can see the two versions here: Controller Mounts. I prob won't hear back from these guys until Tue, which is fine, but I wanted to put an order in today. Has anyone seen this combo vs. just the holder before, and/or can anyone help me figure out the difference? Thanks!

Thanks. Read the each description 100 times and missed that. Thanks.

Topic can be closed.
Hey Crusho,

Sorry for the confusion, we just made some edits on the website to clear things up. The non-combo is just the tablet holder while the combo version includes the tablet holder and;
  • 3x Video Feed Cables
  • Lanyard
  • Storage Bag
Hope this helps, happy labor day!

Reactions: crusho
Hey Crusho,

Sorry for the confusion, we just made some edits on the website to clear things up. The non-combo is just the tablet holder while the combo version includes the tablet holder and;
  • 3x Video Feed Cables
  • Lanyard
  • Storage Bag
Hope this helps, happy labor day!

Thanks for the clarity! I don't think I'm gonna need a bag given the nuclear-football suitcase; have lanyards galore, and if I'm just going from the remote to my old Fire 8.9 HDX I just got working with Explorer (highest pixel density of any tablet ever made — if only the app could take full advantage of it) I don't think I need any more video cables, so I just placed an order for the basic holder and I'm assuming the required bracket for the 4Hawks left the cart open since I couldn't figure out a "store pickup" option.

Chris

My local dealer in Madison, Madison Area Drone Service also sells them in the same "combo" or by themselves.

Thanks for the clarity! I don't think I'm gonna need a bag given the nuclear-football suitcase; have lanyards galore, and if I'm just going from the remote to my old Fire 8.9 HDX I just got working with Explorer (highest pixel density of any tablet ever made — if only the app could take full advantage of it) I don't think I need any more video cables, so I just placed an order for the basic holder and I'm assuming the required bracket for the 4Hawks left the cart open since I couldn't figure out a "store pickup" option.

Chris
In store pick-up should be an option now :cool:

That looks like a great mount. I've been looking at those almost since getting my Evo2.

For most of my gear, I've built my own cases...but the Evo2 came with the rugged bundle case. While this is a great case (and almost satisfies my OCD) I can't imagine how this mount would fit inside while connected to the controller. I really don't want one more thing to set up when getting ready to fly.

So..for those that have both the rugged case and this mount....how does it all work out?

That looks like a great mount. I've been looking at those almost since getting my Evo2.

For most of my gear, I've built my own cases...but the Evo2 came with the rugged bundle case. While this is a great case (and almost satisfies my OCD) I can't imagine how this mount would fit inside while connected to the controller. I really don't want one more thing to set up when getting ready to fly.

So..for those that have both the rugged case and this mount....how does it all work out?
We faced the same situation so we developed our own case with GPC; Empire Drone EVO II Case™ by GPC

Looks nice, thanks for the link. How much assembly is required to the mount when taken from your case?

The aluminum base stays attached to the controller so the only assembly required is popping the plastic tablet holder piece onto the ball joint of the aluminum base. There’s a slot for the plastic tablet holder piece as well (circled in red in the photo below).
BFD47B87-F138-4434-B21F-303DE77B8AA6.jpeg

Empire Drone has a case with the lifthor bracket attached cut out.
I ask if I could buy just the insert (then customize for my case) but they dont sell "just the insert/foam".

evocase.jpg
And I thought business were out there to make money ?

Empire Drone has a case with the lifthor bracket attached cut out.
I ask if I could buy just the insert (then customize for my case) but they dont sell "just the insert/foam".

View attachment 8441
And I thought business were out there to make money ?
You are right, but if the insert won't make them a profit, they won't bother.

You are right, but if the insert won't make them a profit, they won't bother.
They actually sell mavic something insert for $40 .

The explanation was they didn't want empty cases in stock!!
Are they serious ??
Like they can't order just the foam !!
Must be making too much money on other overpriced accessories :p

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg