Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Lens filter stuck? Factory tight, can't get it off to change?

Hallo,

Objektivfilter klemmt? Fabrik dicht, lässt sich zum Wechseln nicht abnehmen?

Kann jemand helfen?

Jeremy
Geht einfach mit einer Gummifolie.
drauflegen und nach links drehen o h n e Druck mir Daumen und Zeigefinger.

I wouldn't suggest anything I wouldn't try myself. That said, I would consider taking a can of air (used for cleaning, say, computers), tipping it upside down and carefully freeze spraying the metal filter ring. My thinking is that the cold would cause the filter ring to contract and perhaps allow it to unscrew. WEAR GLOVES as it will likely be below 0º
I think it may need to go in the opposite direction. The existing filter needs to expand so heat would be needed a hair blow dryer might do the trick. Also you can use a wide rubber band to get a better grip on the filter while not grabbing something too hot.

thank you! I had switched gimbal/camera and was thinking of different thread/filter threading. Don't freeze it.

Hi,

Lens filter stuck? Factory tight, can't get it off to change?

Can anyone help?

Jeremy
Contact QCGuy. He got mine loose. Very affordable. You MIGHT lose the stuck filter if it requires "surgery."

I've used 'lens filter wrenches' with success. The problem is usually that, when pressing the filter with your fingers, is that that makes the filter off-round. Filter wrenches apply equal pressure around the entire filter.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skygod34