Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Land and start question

rkyleh

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has covered this or not. How far out can you fly the EVO land it, shut down and then restart and fly back? I got to 640 feet without any problems. It will be tough to find a paved road where there is no traffic to try this any farther.

Yeah....not sure why this is a question. As far as I know, the only limit is signal strength. Why would it be any different?

LP

:D You guys are kind of stating the obvious aren't you. I was wondering more on the line of has anybody flew there drone out half a mile and been able to land it and take of again. I know you would have to have a good line of sight to connect.

:D You guys are kind of stating the obvious aren't you. I was wondering more on the line of has anybody flew there drone out half a mile and been able to land it and take of again. I know you would have to have a good line of sight to connect.
Interesting question, actually. I can see occasions where I might want to do that. Did you use the auto land/takeoff button at the far point or just the left hand stick? FYI, I tried to land mine at the other end of a football field the other day but it resisted and hovered—obviously didn’t like my chosen landing spot.

Interesting question, actually. I can see occasions where I might want to do that. Did you use the auto land/takeoff button at the far point or just the left hand stick? FYI, I tried to land mine at the other end of a football field the other day but it resisted and hovered—obviously didn’t like my chosen landing spot.
I just used the stick I always land that way.

Reactions: Nightbat2
Just curious, why would you want to land the drone somewhere else and then take off again?
I don't know if anyone has covered this or not. How far out can you fly the EVO land it, shut down and then restart and fly back? I got to 640 feet without any problems. It will be tough to find a paved road where there is no traffic to try this any farther.
Just curious, why would you want to land the drone somewhere else and then take off again?

Reactions: Lyk2fly

Just to see if I could.

Without getting into the VLOS rules that I do follow 99.9% of the time, I've considered trying (haven't yet) to fly my EVO a couple miles to a friends house and land on his back patio. Then I'll drive over and pick up, as I know it won't have signal to take back off and fly back. I think if I can get to his house and hover over the spot I want to land I can just change the homepoint to be where the aircraft is and either shut the remote off or hit land. Again haven't tested or tried, but was curious if that would work. My DJI Spark won't because I think the only choice for homepoint is the take-off location or where I am with the remote if I moved. Reason as mentioned by rkyleh is the same - just to see if it would work.

In my case, I live near the coast with several rivers and creeks with some tiny islands in the middle of them. If I want to video wildlife such as ducks, cranes and other birds, it might be easier to get decent pix if I don’t have to fly a few hundred metres to get in place. Then again, it might not—but could be worth a try.

Reactions: JTrim

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingraja